Maine Energy AmeriCorps Program seeks Part-Time Members (PAID)
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Maine Campus Compact
Learn new skills + gain professional development experience, be part of Maine’s climate action movement, and make a difference for low-income community members!
Are you a current college student, new graduate, or working professional in search of a career change or real-world job experience in environmental stewardship? Would you like to earn a stipend and education award while helping tackle energy insecurity in Maine? Apply to join the Maine Energy AmeriCorps Program (MEAP) as an Energy Efficiency Coordinator today!
During your AmeriCorps service, you will help raise awareness about energy efficiency, recruit participants for Energy Education events, organize light weatherization services in your local community, and connect participants with energy conservation resources. More specifically, you will help our team:
- Coordinate and promote a public awareness campaign, Conserve Maine Energy, focused on increasing energy efficiency in homes and in the community.
- Plan and coordinate MEAP environmental and energy efficiency education events to a wide range of audiences, such as K-12 schools, public libraries, college campuses, local households, and nonprofits.
- Provide light weatherization and energy efficiency services to low-income households, such as window inserts, efficient light bulbs, etc.
- Be part of a team of AmeriCorps who are responsive and supportive of community needs, particularly for our low-income neighbors.
- Personalized career counseling and support in developing a personal Career Action Plan
- Enhanced environmental and climate action professional network and training/skill development
- AmeriCorps Stipend = $8,000
- Education Award= $3,247.50
- Applicants must be at least 17 years old, a U.S. citizen, and have a High School diploma
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Well-developed organizational abilities
- Knowledge/experience with community engagement and volunteerism
- Motivated, self-directed, and action-oriented
- Enthusiasm for environmental stewardship and energy efficiency
- A collaborative team member who enjoys collective action planning and shared projects and activities.
- Eagerness to support anti-poverty efforts that are rooted in equity and empathy.
- Community builder that enjoys meeting new people and making connections.
- Willingness to adapt and pivot to address urgent community needs. Willing to try new ideas and iterate on lessons learned.
- A compassionate communicator who values reciprocity and respect.
We realize that some great candidates may not have every single thing on this list - that’s okay! If this AmeriCorps opportunity piques your interest, we encourage you to apply!
This is a 900-hour, part-time, AmeriCorps position. Generally, we offer a flexible schedule with most activities occurring during normal business hours Monday-Friday, 9:00 AM- 5:00 PM with occasional events on weeknights and weekends. All hours must be completed by November 30, 2022.
We are currently recruiting for the following areas in Maine: Portland, Biddeford, Lewiston, Augusta, Bangor, Kennebunkport, Brunswick, among others.
How to Apply:
Send a resume and brief email of interest. We will be accepting applications on a rolling basis but priority review will be given to earlier applications.
*All selected candidates must complete a federal and state background check.
*All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About the Program + Organizations:
Maine Energy AmeriCorps Program (MEAP) is coordinated by Maine Campus Compact, a statewide coalition of colleges and universities whose purpose is to further the public purposes and civic mission of higher education. MEAP's main objective is to foster partnerships with campuses and communities to increase energy efficiency and cost savings, especially for our vulnerable, low-income neighbors. Maine Campus Compact is under the fiscal umbrella of the University of Southern Maine (USM).
AmeriCorps is an independent federal agency whose mission is to improve lives, strengthen communities, and foster civic engagement through service and volunteering. AmeriCorps allows young professionals to build networks, learn workforce skills, receive free career counseling and connect with host communities. These positions are great kick-off points for careers.
Volunteer Maine, the state service commission, builds capacity and sustainability in Maine's volunteer and service communities by funding programs, developing managers of volunteers, raising awareness of sector issues, and promoting service as a strategy. Volunteer Maine is the Maine government’s partner for the federal Corporation for National Service.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $800.00 - $1,000.00 per month
- Flexible schedule
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
52 Westminster StreetLewiston, ME 04240
March 3, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, PART_TIME