DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
General Board Assistant/Board Secretary Pro Tem
ORGANIZATION: Rider SOS Accident Fund
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
We currently are in need of a secretary for our board of directors. This is a temporary position that may lead to a more permanent role if desired.
The Secretary of the Board is responsible for communications internally and
from the Board to the community.
Specific duties include:
● Take minutes from each Board meeting, Executive Committee meeting,
and Executive session, record attendance, motions, and decisions.
● Count and note votes upon voting action.
● Provide minutes, reports, and other documents to Board members
ahead of each Board meeting and other meetings.
● Assures that proper documents are provided to each Board member
and as appropriate to volunteers. (Annual documents, Fundraising
Guides, Social Media Materials, and More.)
● Communication in general. Provide communication between the
board and volunteers by giving proper notice of any meetings and
timely distribution of materials such as agendas and meeting minutes.
● The secretary must be knowledgeable of the organization’s records and
related materials and provide advice and resources to the board on
relevant topics at issue, such as particular governance matters being
addressed at a meeting or a new amendment to state corporate law, for
example. This will come in time and is not expected immediately.
● The secretary should aim to be helpful to the board as they discharge
their fiduciary duties.
● Calendaring for the board and volunteers for events and agendas that
need to be shared. Develop and distribute a board calendar before the
start of each year.
● Documents and filing. Maintain a board binder containing the
governing documents, key governance policies, minutes of board
meetings, and written consents.
● Strong listening, communication, and interpersonal skills
● Must be familiar with the nonprofit’s mission, history, and goals
● Familiar nonprofit’s bylaws
● Ability to work with a variety of people
● Must lead by example in areas of fundraising and advocacy
● Time to devote to successfully fulfilling the Secretary role
● Self Starter with the ability to work independently and remotely
About Rider SOS Accident Fund
601 S Rancho, Suite C18, Las Vegas, NV 89106, US
Rider SOS Accident Fund is a group of committed individuals that focus on the support of injured motorcyclists and the families of the fallen after a motorcycle accident. We are also committed to creating education and awareness of the motorcycle community starting from the youngest future rider on up to our active senior community.
Rider SOS was created in 2018 after having done the work for over 10 years without a formal organization. Since it's inception, Rider SOS is the first completely fee free resource for riders in the community. We do not charge anyone for any of our services. We are an all volunteer board and will remain that way. Rider SOS has assisted over 120 riders with after accident related expenses. We have also donated the use of over 80 pieces of durable medical equipment at no charge. Every holiday season we adopt families that are still struggling from their accident, and we have proudly delivered Christmas to over 90 children in just 3 years time! In addition we are a community partner in the Fill the Bus program, and in 2021 we are proud to say we assisted in collecting over 1,500 gifts for children in need! Over 300 fridges have been filled, hundreds of dinners delivered, many pets walked or cared for, all when the owners needed it most. No one should have to worry about the small stuff after an accident, we are here to make sure fellow riders do not have to worry.
Multiple locations Las Vegas, NV 89106
April 19, 2022
- Administrative Support
- Data Entry
- Basic Computer Skills
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- On average 15 hours a month