3 people are interested
Support Your Local VA Hospital as a Red Cross Liaison
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross of Greater Pennsylvania Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
3 people are interested
- Supports and acts as a local liaison on behalf of the Red Cross
- Assists in ensuring all potential volunteers are registered with the local Red Cross unit, receive volunteer orientation, are assisted with the CDCE/VAVS application and placement and receive information on volunteer opportunities with the VA
- Promote the recruitment of volunteers and donations of financial and material resources in accordance with facility needs
- Attend and participate in quarterly meetings, serve on Sub-committees and task groups to assist with improving the overall program
- When Local Representative in not available coordinate with the Program Manager to perform the Annual Joint Review (AJR)
- Assist Local Representative to facilitate volunteer placement in coordination with the VA Program Manager and workplace supervisor and assist Region and VA staff when an affiliated volunteer must be removed for cause
- Maintain records and submit reports as required by the Red Cross and VA
- Attend quarterly phone meetings with the assigned Red Cross National and Division Staff.
Volunteers serving in-person must be against COVID-19 (except where contrary to current state or local regulations). Instructions for providing vaccination status and documentation will be provided once you complete your application.
To get started as a Red Cross volunteer, please visit: https://volunteerconnection.redcross.org/?nd=lead&a=1874&h=193&p=592563
About American Red Cross of Greater Pennsylvania Region
256 N Sherman St., WilkesBarre, PA 18702, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
1111 East End BlvdWilkesBarre, PA 18711
March 25, 2022
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18