1 person is interested
ORGANIZATION: Minnesota Companion Rabbit Society
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
MCRS would like to recruit a Volunteer Coordinator to oversee the process of recruiting volunteers to assist with various programs and opportunities within the organization. This unpaid/volunteer position will become part of the Operational Team and will need to provide regular updates to the Board of Directors on # of volunteers, # of open positions, etc.
Here are the main duties of this position:
- Maintain and update the Volunteer Spreadsheet which tracks all current volunteers.
- Communicate with the Board and Operational Team on a regular basis to determine what needs the organization would like to fill.
- Prepare recruitment emails, volunteer job descriptions and send them out to potential volunteers to find a match.
- The person in this role should be a self-starter who can work independently, but is also comfortable asking questions when they are learning.
- The person in this role needs to be comfortable talking to people on the phone, via emails and text, and possibly in front of a group.
- This person should have an interest in learning Google Drive, as well as the programs within it. If they have sufficient skills in Microsoft Office to include Excel, that would also be fine.
- Experience with rabbits is not necessary, but a love for animals and a desire to help them is.
In the beginning, the average number of hours per week will be higher due to the time needed to learn our processes and get up to speed with them. After that, average hours will likely be about two hours weekly.
Once we have received your application, someone will be in touch with you in regards to training and other details.
Interested applicants should email us and your application will be forwarded to the appropriate individuals.
About Minnesota Companion Rabbit Society
P.O. Box 390691, Edina, MN 55439, US
Education & Adoption Through Education, to reduce the number of unwanted rabbits and to improve the lives of companion rabbits by educating the public and assisting humane societies. Through Adoption, to help rabbits in area shelters, or those that shelters can no longer care for, to find permanent homes.
Minnesota Companion Rabbit Society (MCRS) is a volunteer-based, member-supported, nonprofit organization dedicated to educating the public about companion rabbits and assisting homeless rabbits with finding lifelong homes.
Multiple locations Minneapolis, MN 55439
September 7, 2022
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- Must be at least 18
- 2-3 hours per week; varies
- Desire to help rabbits