20 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: Friends of the Camarillo Library
Please visit the new page to apply.
20 people are interested
The Friends of the Camarillo Library is currently seeking board members to advise, govern, and oversee policy and direction, assist with leadership, and support the organization’s mission and needs. Individuals selected for this position are required to adhere to all the responsibilities and voting privileges detailed in our organization’s bylaws. Candidates must be approved by the Board of Directors before becoming a board member. Responsibilities, depending on applicant’s experience or area of interest, may include:
- Organization leadership and advisement.
- Formulation and oversight of policies and procedures.
- Financial management, including adoption and oversight of the annual budget.
- Review of organizational reports.
- Promotion of the organization and outreach.
- Serve on committees and offer to take on special assignment.
Please Note: No compensation is paid to any board member for their services on the board.
Requirements and Commitments
- The term of appointment for each board member is three years or until a successor is appointed. However, board members may request re-appointment and serve successive terms.
- Board members must attend regular monthly meetings (except for July and August), typically lasting 2 hours. Any board member missing three consecutive meetings may be deemed to have vacated the position.
- Board members must reside in the city of Camarillo, CA or within Ventura County.
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Be a member of the Friends organization.
To learn more about the Friends of the Camarillo Library, please visit our website at https://www.friendscamarillolibrary.org/
Contact us today - let’s see if we’re a match!
More opportunities with Friends of the Camarillo Library2 Reviews
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Friends of the Camarillo Library
4101 Las Posas, Camarillo, CA 93010, US
The Friends of the Camarillo Library is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation run totally by volunteers. Its mission focuses on bringing to the attention and interest of the Camarillo community on the services and facilities of the Camarillo Library. The Friends helps support the Library by providing funding of new book and magazine purchases, library materials and supplies, and year-round library programs for children through seniors.
The Friends of the Camarillo Library is a volunteer-run, non-profit organization dedicated to supporting the Camarillo Public Library. The Friends operates a bookstore (located adjacent to the library) that sells gently used books, DVDs, music CDs, and audiobooks that are donated by the generous public. The funds from the bookstore sales, along with membership dues, monetary donations, and bequests, goes towards advancing our mission. The Friends continues to strive to annually donate an average of $200,000 (pre-COVID) to the library.
Friends of the Camarillo Library Bookstore4101 Las Posas RoadCamarillo, CA 93010
March 20, 2023
- Group Facilitation
- Community Outreach
- Basic Computer Skills
- Problem Solving
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Must be at least 21