Drive to Save Lives with the American Red Cross
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross - Eastern New York Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
Are you ready for some life-saving volunteering? Every unit of blood collected at American Red Cross blood drives has the potential to save up to three lives. You can play a vital role in making sure generous donations and critical supplies are delivered to hospitals and mobile blood drives throughout the Eastern New York region. Plus, sometimes you can team up with another volunteer for the ride! So, sign up and volunteer with a friend!
POSITION: Volunteer Blood Transportation Specialist
-Deliver supplies to blood collection sites, as needed.
-Safely transport blood from collection sites to destinations that may include processing labs or hospitals.
-Pick up empty boxes from hospitals as necessary.
-Complete required paperwork and obtain signatures, as necessary.
TIME COMMITMENT: Minimum 5 hours per month. The total time depends on the destination you sign up for each month. Opportunities are listed on a sign-up calendar each month.
REQUIREMENTS & CERTIFICATIONS:
· This is an in-person volunteer role, which includes hospital destinations. Therefore, eligible volunteers must submit documentation of full COVID-19 vaccinations per CDC guidelines and be willing to carry vaccination cards to each assignment.
· Valid state driver's license and 3 years of licensed driving experience required.
· An MVR check will be completed to verify a safe driving record.
· Current insurance and state registration required if using personal vehicle.
· Ability to lift 45 lbs.
· Successful completion of American Red Cross Transportation Specialist Training and Defensive Driving course upon acceptance in position, as well as Transportation Specialist Guidebook Training
APPLY & EXPLORE: https://volunteerconnection.redcross.org/?nd=lead&a=3288&h=234&p=1682019
Or Contact us at email@example.com or call (518)- 387-9441
The American Red Cross relies on volunteers just like YOU! This is a fulfilling opportunity to meet other volunteers and play a vital role in making sure every community has a disaster team ready for emergencies. If this opportunity isn't the right fit, we have many others! Connect with us through the email or phone number above! Thank you for considering volunteering. Your time can make a world of difference in someone’s life.
About American Red Cross - Eastern New York Region
33 Everett Road, Albany, NY 12205, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether its one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
Multiple locations Dormansville, NY 12055
May 13, 2022
- Bus/Van Driving
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1-2 Shifts of four to six hours per month
- must be able to lift 45 lbs and have a clean driving record