Events & Engagement VISTA at Multicultural Refugee Coalition
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Literacy Coalition of Central Texas
Multicultural Refugee Coalition (MRC) is an innovative nonprofit organization in Austin, TX employing refugees in fair-wage dignified work through two social enterprises: a sewing studio and a commercial farm. The Events & Engagement VISTA at MRC will:
- help MRC increase program funding and community engagement by planning and coordinating MRC’s largest annual fundraising event and
- coordinate engagement opportunities such as open houses throughout the year.
- develop a network of community resources accessible by refugee team members and
- build enhanced organizational community through activities and events.
Our ideal member is someone who has a passion for planning events and engaging the community, and as comfortable working independently as they are on a team. They are excited about working with refugee, asylee and immigrant team member, and about building community.
Skill areas: communications, community organization, fundraising/grant writing, leadership, public speaking, recruitment, writing/editing, non-profit management, team work
Position requirements: A passion for event planning and strong attention to detail. Strong organizational skills and desire to work with people from diverse backgrounds. Bachelor's degree.
This position is a one-year, full-time national service position with AmeriCorps VISTA and the Literacy Coalition of Central Texas. Benefits include:
- a monthly stipend of around $1,200/mo
- free health benefits including some counseling
- one-on-one coaching
- monthly professional development opportunities
- training in areas like project management, community assessment, and more
- their choice of an education award ($6,345) to be used towards past or future schooling, or a cash stipend ($1,800)
- Non-Competitive Eligibility (NCE), which allows a VISTA member who meets the minimum qualifications for a job to be hired by a federal agency without having to compete with the general public, for one year
- countless other opportunities for personal and professional growth
Still not convinced?
Members at the Multicultural Refugee coalition will have the opportunity to work alongside a diverse team that includes refugees, asylees, and immigrants from Afghanistan, Bhutan, DRC, Eritrea, Mexico, Myanmar, and Venezuela. They'll work between two locations: the sewing studio and the New Leaf organic farm, where VISTAs will have the opportunity to take home fresh veggies. Learn to say hello in 10+ languages, and gain real-world skills in fundraising and event planning!
Events & Engagement VISTA (Multicultural Refugee Coalition - Austin)
Starts: April 11, 2022
Ends: April 10, 2023
Application Deadline: March 7
Direct application link: https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?fromSearch=true&id=108713
*Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, so applicants should not wait until the deadline to apply
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
727 Airport BoulevardAustin, TX 78702
August 1, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FULL_TIME