2 people are interested
Local Disaster Response Volunteers Needed (Iredell County)
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross
Please visit the new page to apply.
2 people are interested
Disaster Action Team (DAT) volunteers are critically important - not just to the Red Cross - but to our community. They are part of a team that responds year-round, to provide comfort, hope, and Red Cross services to those impacted by local emergencies including home fires, floods, storm damage, and other localized events.
During a response, teams of at least two responders are on the scene to meet with the impacted clients, assess the situation, and connect individuals to Red Cross and community resources to meet their unique needs.
Requirements, Time Commitment, and Training:
- Must be compassionate, an active listener, and demonstrate impartiality.
- Must have basic computer skills, be comfortable using technology, and have access to a smartphone and/or computer with internet access.
- Valid driver’s license for response and attend regularly scheduled team meetings.
- DAT volunteers commit to being on-call at least 6-8 shifts each month. The length of a shift varies by county (typically 6, 8, or 12 hours per on-call shift).
- Volunteers must complete 8 to 10 hours of required online training within 60 days of joining the team. They will also be provided with 1:1, hands-on opportunities to respond in person to disaster scenes while they complete their training.
- Must be at least 18 years old
74 More opportunities with American Red Cross
About American Red Cross
2425 Park Road, Charlotte, NC 28203, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
Multiple locations Mooresville, NC 28115
May 11, 2023
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training