Help TNR community cats in South LA -Trapper, Transporter and Trap Depot housing needed
ORGANIZATION: Stray Cat Alliance
Please visit the new page to apply.
Seeking enthusiastic, compassionate animal lovers, who want to make a difference! Volunteer with Stray Cat Alliance to TNR community cats in the South La area! We have three opportunities, including trapper, transporter, and trap depot manager.
Trap-Neuter-Return, or "TNR," is the most humane and effective method known for managing stray cat populations and reducing their numbers. The cats, who typically live together in a group called a colony, are trapped and brought to a veterinary clinic. They're then spayed or neutered and vaccinated. After they've recovered from their surgeries, the cats are returned back to their homes in the community, where a caretaker provides regular food and shelter.
When you reply, please let us know what opportunity you are interested in and we can set up a time to discuss next steps!
Must supply proof of Covid19 vaccination(s).
About Stray Cat Alliance
PO BOX 661277, Los Angeles, CA 90066, US
Stray Cat Alliance educates and empowers communities to advocate for every cat’s right to be safe, healthy, and valued.
Every day, our team works to save the helpless lives of kittens and cats by providing: spay/neuter, trap-neuter-return (TNR), adoptions, wellness care, medical care, and community shelter support.
Our goals are to:
- Eradicate cruelty toward cats through advocacy, rescue, and education.
- Find loving forever homes for cats and kittens taken in through all of our programs.
- Help shelters transform themselves from executioners to safe havens for cats by implementing SCA’s life-saving policies and procedures.
- Educate the community about the plight of free‐roaming cats and empower people to take action to stop population growth through spay and neuter.
- Create and sustain a No-Kill Nation by mentoring other communities to become no kill through our grassroots programs.
Stray Cat Alliance envisions a time when all cats are valued and safe whether in homes or communities, and when shelters serve as temporary safe havens.
3612 11th AvenueLos Angeles, CA 90018
April 17, 2022
- Customer Service
- Animal Care / Handling
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- A few hours per week. Must be willing to be on-call if needed.
- Must supply proof of Covid19 vaccination(s).