Board Member Opportunity
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Roanoke Park Counseling (formerly Shepherd's Counseling Services)
Roanoke Park Counseling (formerly Shepherd's Counseling Services) has been providing affordable therapy to adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse for nearly 35 years. Our mission: We unite to create a safe place to achieve a crucial mission: to restore the hope and dignity of adults who have been sexually abused in childhood through specialized and affordable therapy, community education, and public advocacy.
Through collaboration, leadership and commitment, Roanoke Park Counseling’s Board of Directors work to strengthen and guide the agency to ensure that this unique resource of professional, affordable therapy services specialized to meet the needs of adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse remains strong and vital.
Roanoke Park Counseling is seeking board members who share our desire to make a positive difference in the quality of life for adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse by providing affordable therapy services of the highest quality.
We are looking for dynamic and caring individuals who:
- Wish to positively influence the community and believe in the value of community participation
- Understand the critical need for affordable services for adults who have been sexually abused in childhood
- Are willing and able to advocate for the mission of the agency and to participate in fundraising efforts
- Are able to provide insight, commitment, and leadership to further the mission of the agency
- Value group process and possess strong problem-solving skills
- Understand and value the role of counseling in the process of individual and community healing
- Represent diverse populations in our community
- Want to be a part of a sincere and thoughtful group that engages creatively in the process of making a difference in our community
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
2601 Broadway EastSeattle, WA 98102
February 28, 2022