Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: GeekGirlConMission of GeekGirlCon
GeekGirlCon celebrates and honors the legacy of women contributing to science and technology; comics, arts, and literature; and game play and game design by connecting geeky women worldwide and creating community to foster continued growth of women in geek culture through events. GeekGirlCon values being a Welcoming Community, Empowerment, Diversity and Inclusion.Reports To
HR ManagerJob Summary
GeekGirlCon’s Human Resources Assistant is in responsible for assisting the HR Manager with recruitment and onboarding new staff members. This person also assists with maintaining human resources policies, programs, and practices.Responsibilities
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Assist HR Manager with a recruitment and interview program; counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; recommending changes.
- Prepares staff for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs.
- Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures to the HR Manager
- Maintains historical human resource records by enhancing and maintaining a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records.
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching skills.
- Excellent organizational management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once, set goals, and prioritize tasks.
- Proficient with Word, Excel, and Google SuiteExcellent verbal and written communication skills and excellent organizational skills.
- Experience working in Human Resources a plus.
- Working knowledge and experience working with our diverse communities, empowerment, diversity and inclusion.
- GeekGirlCon staff positions are all volunteer, non-paid positions.
- Attendance in-person or remotely for staff and departmental meetings is required.
- Most work is conducted over email and with in-person meetings in the Seattle area.
- Minimum commitment to this volunteer position is two convention cycles.
- Approximately 5-7 hours per week of work is required for this role (including meetings, etc).
- The staff is a team of highly dedicated, geeky, and passionate volunteers; it’s a lot of hard work, but an amazing experience with lots of opportunity to help build GeekGirlCon for the future!
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Seattle, WA 98104
February 28, 2022