Volunteer Executive Director
ORGANIZATION: Dearborn Pastoral Counseling Ctr
Please visit the new page to apply.
This opportunity is not exclusively directed at the impacts of COVID but the impact of COVID has had a significant im
Part-Time Executive Director (Volunteer with a small stipend available)
This opportunity is not exlusively directed at the impacts of COVID but the impct of COVID has had a significant impact on our operations that have had to be managed.
The Dearborn Pastoral Counseling Center is a 501 (C) (3) non-profit organization providing faith-based mental health counseling services. The agency was founded in 1984. The agency is seeking a part-time Executive Director for approximately 8-10 hours per week on a volunteer basis. A small monthly stipend is available as remuneration for the Executive Director duties and expenses.
The position reports to a Board of Directors and is responsible for overseeing the overall management of the Agency; including the financial and business operations, clinical operations, interactions with insurance companies, marketing, program development, and community involvement.
The Board of Directors will consider applicants with one of the following characteristics:
- An individual with a Master’s level in a social services field with at least 3 years of comparable experience. A candidate may also provide clinical therapy, with the appropriate credentials, and will be fully paid for the clinical work performed in addition to a small stipend.
- Desireable qualifications include administrative and supervisory experience, knowledge of: financial management, medical records, mental health clinical process, policy and procedure development and implementation, requirements required by insurance companies, marketing, fund-raising, community organizations, and leadership skills.
- Meet with the Board of Directors on a regular basis including four Board Meetings during the year.
- Provide the Board with timely and accurate information regarding the performance and status of the agency including personnel and finances.
- Interview and hire new personnel and volunteers.
- Marketing directed at increasing financial resources, increasing the number of clients, and recruitment of agency personnel.
- Maintain effective working relationship with staff of Cherry Hill Presbyterian Church.
- Serve as the primary spokesperson representing the agency to local churches, community organizations, and the public.
- Oversee the effective and efficient operational activity of the agency.
- Oversee and assure that official records and documents are maintained and in compliance with local, state, and federal requirements.
- Oversee the agency performance to assure compliance with contractual expectations of insurance companies.
Please mail cover letter and resume to Dearborn Pastoral Counseling Center, 24110 Cherry Hill Road, Dearborn, Michigan 48124 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional information may be found on our website at www.dpcc
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Dearborn Pastoral Counseling Ctr
24110 Cherry Hill Road, Dearborn, MI 48124, US
To provide, by a professional clinical staff, Christian-based counseling, psychological services for individuals, families, couples and children at a cost consistent with the clients' ability too pay.
Dearborn Pastoral Counseling Center was formed in 1984 by pastors from 5 area churches to create a place where they could refer their members with confidence. It has always been open to anyone who came seeking psychotherapy. We have had our own Board of Directors to oversee the center. We are located in a church in Dearborn, but operate independently from any church.
We have five Christian therapists and an office manager and the Executive Director volunteers her time to manage and oversee operations. We have a consulting psychiatrist.
We work with people who are suffering from depression, anxiety, anger, guilt, panic attacks. We counsel for marital issues, personal growth issues, family and children problems, as well as grief and loss.
We take most major insurances, have a sliding scale fee, and a Client Aid Fund for those who need it. We do all that we can to help those who come to us seeking counseling help.
24110 Cherry Hill Rd.DearbornDearborn, MI 48124
April 18, 2022
- Mental Health
- Customer Acquisition
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Community Outreach
- Social Work
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 25
- Orientation or Training
- On average time requirements are approximately 12 to 16 hours per week. Demands may vary each week depending on circumstances.