Young Professionals Advisory Committee (YPAC) Member
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Hark-ALS/Girls on the Run of Central NJGOTR of Central New Jersey Young Professionals Advisory Committee
The Girls on the Run of Central New Jersey Young Professionals Advisory Committee ("YPAC") is for professionals in our serving area in Central NJ (Camden, Middlesex, Monmouth, Ocean and Somerset) just starting out their careers who want to get involved with the Girls on the Run mission. As a YPAC Member, the responsibilities include recruiting and engaging donors and volunteers, providing a fresh perspective to the Committee, and managing events such as the end of the season 5K. The YPAC Member will act as a brand ambassador for Girls on the Run and bring new ideas to assist in achieving the GOTR fundraising goals and objectives. In addition, a Social Media skillset is extremely desirable for this role.Committee Member Position Description
Girls on the Run is a physical activity-based positive youth development program that uses running as a vehicle to influence positive social, cognitive, physical, emotional, and psychological assets and development. Over the course of the program, girls will: develop and improve competence, feel confidence in who they are, develop strength of character, respond to others and themselves with care and compassion, create positive connections with peers and adults, and make a meaningful contribution to community and society. Such life skills will prevent unhealthy and risky behaviors, such as physical inactivity and negative body image, and promote positive health outcomes (e.g., physical, mental, social, and spiritual health).
Girls on the Run believes that all girls and communities should have access to our programs. We strive to eliminate barriers to participation, to continue creating programming that engages all communities, to be intentional about staff and volunteer diversity, and to promote a culture of inclusion across the organization.Position Profile
A YPAC Member must be from our serving area in Central NJ (Camden, Middlesex, Monmouth, Ocean, and Somerset Counties) and possess the time, passion and commitment to improving lives and opportunities of girls in third through eighth grades. Committee Members must take responsibility for raising awareness, funds, and resources that support the organizational infrastructure, sustainability and capacity for growth.
· Build a culture of quality, inclusivity and diversity among the council and its stakeholders
· Serve as an ambassador for GOTR, exhibiting GOTR core values. Continuously work to achieve the GOTR mission
· Develop positive relationships with volunteers, committee members, donors, sponsors, parents, participants, media and other community members
· Stay informed about organizational activities and issues
· Prepare for and attend via zoom at least eight (8) out of the ten (10) Committee meetings, and related activities and events.
· Participate in at least one subcommittee (if applicable). Subcommittees may include, but not be limited to:
o 5K Subcommittee (procuring 5K sponsors, recruiting volunteers)
o Annual Fundraising Event Subcommittee (assist in planning an annual donor event, silent auction, procuring donors, and recruiting attendees)
· Accountable for timely completing tasks and assignments pertaining to the organizationEnsure Resource Generation and Organizational Sustainability
· Ensure adequate long-term resources for organizational sustainability, including but not limited to, financial security, volunteers, in-kind donations, operational goods and services
· Participate in the continual growth of an engaged, diverse (both culturally and geographically to best reflect the communities served) and competent committee
· Enhance the organization’s public standing by serving as an ambassador for the organization through leadership, networking, positive public relations, and fundraising
· Make a significant commitment of time and talent to the organization
· Commit to coaching (head coach or assistant coach) for at least one season or conduct seasonal site visits in your communityFundraising
In lieu of fundraising, a strong skill set in social media is required to assist our Marketing Director to expand our reach throughout the five counties our Council serves.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
5 Pirozzi LaneHillsborough Township, NJ 08844
February 27, 2022
- Public Advocacy