Tutor Children Virtually
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: I'RAISE GIRLS AND BOYS INTERNATIONAL CORPORATION
Virtual Tutor Volunteer
Subjects: Math, Science, Social Studies, ELA [English Language Arts]
Tutor's Job Responsibilities:
- Provide one on one tutoring to assigned children at least 2 times weekly.
- Prepare curriculum for the students based on their knowledge of the subject.
- Help students to improve their learning process and adjust to remote learning.
- Detect specific needs of students.
- Review materials used in classes, explain various topics, and answer doubts and questions of the student regarding topics.
- Regularly communicate with parents to provide updates on their child's progress, reminders about upcoming sessions, materials list for individual sessions, and other communications.
- Report progress with student to program directors/supervisors as needed.
- Prior experience teaching or tutoring Pre-K and elementary level children and teens required.
- Must be at least 16 years old and have parent consent to volunteer.
- Must undergo a background check.
- Volunteers are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for the in-person volunteering opportunities at I'RAISE.
- Must have excellent communication, planning, organizing, and problem-solving skills.
Location: Remotely or virtually from anywhere
Hours : 1 to 1.5 hours per week
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
8 West 126th StreetNew York, NY 10027
February 26, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK