Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Blockchain & Climate Institute
The Blockchain & Climate Institute (BCI) is an international volunteers-led think tank supporting and advocating the application of blockchain technology in the global fight against climate change.
The positions of Regional Coordinators (RC) belongs to our Strategy Officer Grade. RCs are posted to the Advocacy & Government Relations Branch under the External Affairs Bureau. We are looking for a passionate professional who takes a methodological approach to their work, conducts independent research and analysis, engages with key stakeholders and establishes strategic partnerships to progress the BCI’s core mission at the regional level. The post holders will also research and follow the development in targeted governments and regions. Depending on their networks and capabilities, Regional Coordinators will be assigned to lead our stakeholder rapport-building work in the regions of: Anglophone Africa, Francophone Africa, MENA, Small Island States, Europe, South Asia, South East Asia, North America, Latin America and Oceania.
Your responsibilities will include:
● To provide research support for the Advocacy & Government Relations Branch under the EAB by carrying out stakeholder research activities upon which to develop regional development strategies;
● To support liaison work with regional stakeholders (including government departments, ministers and business executives) for project opportunities; and
● To attend conferences or events to promote the BCI, communicate research findings and insights to consolidate our networks of key stakeholders in the region.Person Specification
Skills & Abilities:
● Excellent oral communication skills, including the ability to develop effective working relationships, work flexibly across professional and operational boundaries, and communicate professionally with internal and external stakeholders at all levels;
● Excellent English writing skills and detail orientated;
● Excellent organisational skills and ability to balance competing demands under pressure;
● Strong presentation skills and ability to present ideas appropriately and persuasively; and
General & Specialist Knowledge:
● Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office; and
● Deep knowledge in the international climate policy governance (especially the UN system); and
● Good personal networks in the target region(s).
Education & Training :
● A relevant degree or training in relevant discipline preferred; and
● Experience in producing research outputs and structured reports for different audiences.
● Proven ability in organisation/business development (e.g. experience of working in a target-driven role);
● Experience in building constructive relationships with stakeholders;
● Experience in working independently and with teams to drive forward projects using own initiative; and
● Experience in designing, planning and facilitating independent business strategy research and the ability to meet tight deadlines.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
International House64 Nile StreetLondon, N1 7SRUnited Kingdom
February 26, 2022