3 people are interested
Call for Board Members 2022-23 Term: FICS
ORGANIZATION: Florida Institute for Community Studies
Please visit the new page to apply.
3 people are interested
FICS is looking for members who represent our community in terms of gender, ethnicity, sexual and religious orientation and populations. Ninety-five percent (95%) of our participants are BIPOC.
We began through a series of meetings with community members, students, activists and professionals in 2002. Our first and longest programming is with the farmworker communities of Hillsborough County and across the state. We have branched out as a resource to help other groups perform community strength and needs assessments, most recently with the Front Porch Communities in Orange County.
Currently, FICS is headquartered and operates out of a formerly closed county park in the most diverse part of Tampa, Town n Country (33614, 33615, 33634) and hold board meetings on a monthly basis at 8:30 AM on the third Friday of the month.
We have created a survey monkey application that takes about 10 minutes to complete. We ask that you first confirm you are interested and available to devote at least 3 hours/month to our board at the outset.
We will respond to all serious inquiries. See our list of skills below!
Bienvenid@s a la familia FICS!
About Florida Institute for Community Studies
Morgan Woods Recreation Center, 7501 Soccer Ave., Tampa, FL 33634, US
The mission of the Florida Institute for Community Studies is to partner with communities across Florida to achieve their goals through research,education, training, services and the arts.
Join us in creating stronger communities, families and youth!
FICS holds MANDATORY VOLUNTEER ORIENTATIONS, which must be completed before you begin. Important FAQ are as follows:
1. We accept volunteers, remote and Bright Futures hours, as young as 14 years old. There are NO EXCEPTIONS to the rule that PARENTS/GUARDIANS must attend the Volunteer Orientation with students under 18;
2. FICS believes you should make your own schedule, except for events. You will complete a Volunteer Contract and Schedule as part of the Orientation Session;
3. We often call and rely on volunteers to accomplish our mission so you are very very important to us!
WE are a different kind of organization -- all of our staff, events, volunteers and community advisory board members are focused on helping people help themselves. We at FICS serve as facilitators in assisting community initiatives by working with partners and groups in a way that allows researchers, community members, educators and professionals in the field to interact and exchange information and knowledge.
FICS @ Morgan Woods Park7510 Soccer AveTampa, FL 33634
March 27, 2022
- Market Research / Analysis
- Grant Writing / Research
- Resource Development / Management
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1 hour/mo board meeting, minimum of 3 hours/month
- Completion of online survey monkey application. Board orientation includes job description and your individual strategy to assist our organization grow and thrive.