10 people are interested
Tax Preparation Support Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: Educational Alliance/Manny Cantor Center
Please visit the new page to apply.
10 people are interested
Manny Cantor Center's Family Resource Center is an official VITA Site. VITA is a program of the IRS where volunteers help low and moderate income New Yorkers prepare their taxes. Help make a difference for those that need support in filing their taxes!
WHAT IS YOUR COMMITMENT?
- Available for a minimum 2 hour/shift for our VITA Site. Flexibility on day of the week and times.
- The VITA Site will run from January - April
- Support community members in preparing and completing their taxes
- Complete VITA's tax preparation certification
- You can view more information on VITA here , and see more information on the specific roles here.
HOW TO GET STARTED:
- Complete our Volunteer Application (https://cerv.is/0038gJjfK2q). Please include any experience with tax preparing (or related skills), and any certifications you have in the additional details section.
- Call or meeting with a member of the FRC Team
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof will be required.
APPLY TO BE A TAX ASSISTANCE VOLUNTEER IF YOU...
- Bilingual English/Mandarin, English/Cantonese, or English/Spanish strongly preferred
- Experience in tax preparation needed (ex. VITA or other tax preparer volunteer, book keeper, accountant)
- Willingness to interact individuals of diverse religious, cultural and social backgrounds
- Strong interpersonal skills and willingness to work as part of a team
About Educational Alliance/Manny Cantor Center
197 E BROADWAY, NEW YORK, NY 10002, US
Educational Alliance brings together and partners with diverse communities in Lower Manhattan, offering individuals and families high-quality, multi-generational programs and services that enhance their well-being and socioeconomic opportunities..
Our commitment to the diversity of the Lower East Side is reflected in our programming: Head Start classrooms sit alongside our private preschool; the Weinberg Center for Balanced Living creates community for older adults of all backgrounds and abilities; our fitness center is utilized by neighborhood residents of all ethnicities, income levels, and ages through an innovative tiered membership model. The Educational Alliance Art School uses the study and mastery of fine arts to forge connections between students and master teachers. Afterschool programs serve community needs for recreation, fitness, education, and college preparation. Community and cultural programming invites deep conversation and calls to action.
The Manny Cantor Center is the flagship building of Educational Alliance, a community-based organization offering a wide range of programs that integrate education, social services, arts and recreation throughout the Lower East Side and East Village. Created to assist Eastern European Jews immigrating to NYC, it has been serving the area since 1889. Educational Alliance has grown and changed as the Lower East Side has; now serving the diverse population that currently resides here.
197 East BroadwayManny Cantor CenterNew York, NY 10002
January 3, 2023
- Financial Literacy
- Financial Planning
- ETC / Tax Assistance
- Financial Service Assistance
- People 55+
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum one/hour per week.
- Some experience with tax preparing, accounting and/or vita certification needed.