We're sorry, this opportunity is no longer active.
Idealist.org has 6590 more opportunities, please check them out.See Opportunities
Group Co Facilitator
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Humankind Charity
"When you choose to join us, you’re choosing more than just a job.... you’re choosing to make a difference"
We have exciting opportunities to join our volunteer team in Staffordshire as a volunteer Group Facilitator.
If you would like to gain experience of group facilitation and have a genuine passion for supporting people in their recovery journey then this could be the role for you!
Staffordshire Treatment and Recovery Service (STARS) supports people to develop the skills they need to maintain their recovery.
Group delivery is an integral part of the support we offer the residents at STARS and we are seeking a volunteer to join the team to co facilitate groups.
The aim of this role is to support the team to deliver the recovery group programme to service users with the opportunity to build up to leading on group delivery.
· Awareness and understanding of addiction and recovery
· A confident and friendly approach
· Good verbal and written communication
· Ability to follow a structured session plan but with the confidence to make suggestions for development where applicable
· Be respectful and non-judgemental
· Moderate IT skills
· An understanding of the importance of guidelines and procedures relating to key areas such as safeguarding, confidentiality, professional boundaries and information governance
· Willing to attend and complete relevant training
· To participate in regular supervision sessions with a supervisor
· Personal lived experience
· Experience of delivering groups / leading on activities or having attended groups
· Regular supervision and support
· Induction and access to online and face to face training
· To learn and practice new skills within a team environment
· To feel part of a team and the wider Humankind organisation
· Reasonable travel expenses reimbursed with proof of journey
· Opportunities to develop
We are committed to fair chances for all and making sure everyone can access the help and support they need to realise their potential. By joining our teams of passionate individuals, you will be contributing to making this happen. You can really make a difference by believing in our service users and their ability to make positive changes when they don’t always believe in themselves.
If you feel that you would fit with our values & ethos, are passionate about supporting people, but maybe don’t feel you have the experience required, talk to us about your transferrable skills. For the right people, we can provide development to help you to realise your potential and career aspirations.
Please note that all communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address you provide on your application form. We will contact shortlisted candidates by email to confirm the arrangements for interview. Please check your email inbox after the closing date for notification as you will not be notified by any other means. Please remember to check your junk folder.
Please be aware that due to recent changes in legislation we have updated our recruitment criteria for certain roles. A job offer may be subject to providing evidence of two mandatory COVID vaccines.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Russell StreetLeek, England ST13United Kingdom
February 25, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK