Fundraising and Community Outreach
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Minds Beyond MeasureMission Statement
Minds Beyond Measure (MBM), a nonprofit, strives to inspire purpose and passion, to empower and cultivate great minds in children, youth and teachers to improve educational outcomes in New York and developing countries.Background of Our Organization
Minds Beyond Measure (MBM), is a nonprofit, newly established in 2019. It was birthed from the founder's traveling experiences and living abroad across Asia, and seeing a lack of educational resources and the lack of access to education in some very impoverished communities. The journey included training teachers, teaching children and youth, visiting rural schools with limited or no resources, experiencing children and youth who were hungry for small things, often taken for granted in the Western world, such as pencils and paper to write and books to read. This experience then evolved into a passion to serve the underserved, at risk and provide access to quality education for both teachers and students through pathways that inspire for life. This is when MBM was born.Job Description
What if you could go to your place of employment with a renewed sense of purpose and direction, confident in the knowledge that the work you do contributes to a great cause? When you work with us in the role of Fundraising and Community Outreach, this could be your life. Grow to understand our potential donor pool and hold a vital role in planning events and coordinating other activities to encourage donations and help us move toward our goal of inspiring and empowering students and teachers. You will work closely with the CEO/Founder, to assign, meet and exceed fundraising goals, and in turn, grow and improve your communication and leadership skills and organizational capabilities in this pivotal role.Essential Job Functions:
The position entails four main tasks: Research and identify fundraising opportunities and establish relationships with donors; Organize activities to raise funds or otherwise gather monetary donations or other gifts to support MBM’s mission; Design and produce promotional materials and raise awareness of the organization's work, goals, and financial needs.
- Raise funds for our cause and regularly meet or surpass fundraising targets
- Research and develop fundraising opportunities, including single events and detailed campaigns and potential donors to gain insight into needs, beliefs and donation habits to understand how to position our organization to them
- Collaborate with senior leadership to prioritize departmental activities to meet organizational goals, and assist in brainstorming and creating new methods to raise funds for our organization
- Assist in planning and coordinating events meant to raise funds and coordinate activities of volunteers and interns related to event planning and execution
- Maintain complete and orderly records of donors and manage regular donor communications
- Collaborate with other organizations and groups within the community to build partnerships and enhance fundraising activities
- A passion for philanthropic work (preferably in Education) and commitment to the nonprofit sector
- Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree in communication, business, public relations, public policy, journalism or related/applicable area
- Experience in a nonprofit or similar philanthropic organization.
- Exemplary communication abilities, including public speaking and delivering presentations
- and outgoing, yet poised personality
- Exceptional written skills
- Strong interpersonal and team skills - ability to form relationships with diverse groups of people.
- Strong organizational skills and time-management abilities
- Self-starter who uses initiative and is comfortable handling multiple tasks
- Excellent research and computing skills.
- Excellent organizational abilities and strong attention to detail
- Quick thinker and ability to make decisions under pressure
- Minimum commitment of 2 hours a week
- Experience working with a non profit organization
- Previous exposure to fundraising and development
- At least one year of fundraising experience
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Ashland PlaceBrooklyn, NY 10036
February 24, 2022