Homework Tutor for grades 6-12
ORGANIZATION: Immigrant and Refugee Community Organization (IRCO)
Please visit the new page to apply.
Position Summary: The volunteer tutor will be working with students in the IRCO Community Healing
Initiatives (CHI) Program, which is a gang prevention program serving Asian Pacific Islander (API) youth.
Part of CHI’s gang prevention services includes providing academic support and pro-social group activities
to API youth.
The volunteer tutors will be working with a small group of the middle (6-8) and high school students (9-12) on
their school homework. The person will be supported by two other IRCO staff members, who work with
the students daily.
Qualifications: Looking for someone who is competent in middle and high school academic topics and
has prior experience tutoring kids in these subjects. In addition, the tutor must be reliable, organized,
and have excellent communication skills.
* Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination
* Pass a criminal background check
- 11:00 AM to 01:00 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Immigrant and Refugee Community Organization (IRCO)
10301 NE Glisan St. Portland (Main Office), 4424 NE Glisan St. Portland (Asian Family Center), Portland, OR 97220, US
To promote the integration of refugees, immigrants, and the community at large into a self-sufficient, healthy and inclusive multi-ethnic society.
The Immigrant and Refugee Community Organization (IRCO) is a non-profit organization established in 1976 to serve immigrants and refugees in Portland, Oregon. IRCO assists individuals and families successfully navigate their lives from cradle through career. IRCO provides programs and volunteer opportunities in the following areas:
- Employment Preparation and Literacy
- Employment Skills Training
- Employment Placement Services
- Youth Employment Services
- Family and Domestic Violence Services
- Youth Academic and Employment Services
- Senior Services
- Health Education and Advocacy
- Interpretation and Translation Services
- Community Development Services
10323 Northeast Glisan StreetIRCO’s Sokhom Tauch Community CenterPortland, OR 97220
February 23, 2022
- Background Check
- Saturdays 11 AM-1 PM( Academic school year September-June)
- You must be 18 and older