Research Assistant Volunteer
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Trans Advocacy and Care Team
POSITION TITLE: Research Assistant Volunteer
POSITION TYPE: Volunteer, unpaid
HOURS: 3-5 hours per week; 6 month commitment; remote with scheduling flexibility
ABOUT THE TRANS ADVOCACY & CARE TEAM (TACT):
TACT (Trans Advocacy & Care Team) is a growing non-profit initiative based in Oakland that champions the wellbeing of trans and nonbinary individuals. We are trans people helping other trans people to thrive. TACT was founded in 2021 and is staffed by a growing team of volunteers who are working to build a network of community support for trans and nonbinary individuals. TACT provides 1-on-1 peer support, facilitates restorative conversations, hosts community events and support groups, and promotes gender inclusivity through education and advocacy.
TACT centers the lived experience of trans and nonbinary people and is a trans-led organization. We are currently seeking volunteers who want to be part of this new and growing nonprofit as we work together to create a world where trans folks can thrive and be deeply understood.
OVERVIEW OF POSITION:
The Research Assistant Volunteer will work closely with the Director on a variety of research projects. They will conduct research, mostly online, and create spreadsheets and written summaries of their research.The research topics will vary, but will mostly focus on topics in trans and nonbinary health and wellbeing, as well as investigating resources, organizations, and providers who support trans and nonbinary individuals. Ideally the candidate would identify as trans or nonbinary, but this is not a requirement for this role.
- Assist project director with a variety of research efforts.
- Conduct online research as well as via telephone and social media.
- Compile data into spreadsheets and complete written report summaries.
- Update project director on activities in a timely manner.
- Time commitment: 3-5 hours per week; 6 month commitment; remote with scheduling flexibility
- Experience for your resume
- Creative flexibility
- Can provide work recommendation for future employer (if you complete volunteer time commitment)
- Great opportunity to get involved with a growing nonprofit and to advocate for trans and nonbinary individuals
- Able to work independently and collaboratively
- Experience working with marginalized communities
- Our ideal candidate identifies as trans or nonbinary, but not required
- Experience completing research projects
- Experience evaluating sources for reliability and validity
- Skilled at creating summaries and identifying key points
- Can commit to a minimum of 6 months (3-5 hours per week)
- Has a passion for empowering, uplifting, and learning more about the trans community
- Organized & reliable
- Must be 18 years of age or older
HOW TO APPLY:
Complete a volunteer application at https://forms.clickup.com/f/h6djp-1760/4L9FW91QRKZLS1J7M9
TACT is committed to the inclusion of all members of our community. We welcome and strongly encourage people from historically marginalized and economically disadvantaged groups, including BIPOC, trans-feminine folks, folks with disabilities, and folks from working class backgrounds to apply.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
2153 Vine StreetBerkeley, CA 94709
February 23, 2022
- Public Advocacy
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK