Communication Manager for Japanese-inspired Food Education Program (Remote)
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: TABLE FOR TWO USA
TABLE FOR TWO USA(TFT), 501(c)(3) non-profit organization is looking for a Communication Manager (Remote) to further expand the unique programs including Onigiri Action and Japanese inspired food education program, Wa-Shokuiku -Learn. Cook. Eat Japanese! -. Honorarium will be provided.About TABLE FOR TWO USA
While about 1 billion go hungry, 2 billion suffer from obesity and other health issues related to unhealthy eating. TABLE FOR TWO USA (TFT USA) seeks to change both issues by educating about healthy eating practices and providing healthy school meals to those in need. TABLE FOR TWO started in Japan and now operates in 14 countries. As one of the most well-known NPOs in Japan, a country noted for the longevity of its people, TFT USA promotes Japanese healthy eating culture and has started the unique programs, "Onigiri Action" and "Wa-Shokuiku -Learn. Cook. Eat Japanese!-" featuring Japanese food culture to tackle on the critical health issues. Learn more at: http://usa.tablefor2.orgResponsibilities
- Develop and execute a communication strategy.
- Oversee storytelling efforts.
- Manage, and strategize, and monitor all TFT social media platforms including Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
- Outreach to potential supporters on social media to expand the supporter network.
- Edit and publish TFT’ print and electronic communications including e-newsletters, annual reports, website and other publications and collateral by working with a design staff.
- Develop and carry out media strategy, including writing a press release and reach out to media.
- Manage a TFT’s contact list to effectively communicate.
- Facilitate fundraising efforts from individual supporters through the communication work.
- Track progress and effectiveness of communications and marketing activities.
If you possess some of the qualifications below and have a strong interest in learning more about the position, we encourage you to apply.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- English: Native/Full Professional proficiency, Japanese (a plus)
- Skilled in basic visual design to prepare social media posts. Experience with design software preferred.
- Proficient in using social media, including Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
- Strong project planning, critical thinking and problem solving; self-motivated and self-directed.
- Experience working in the nonprofit sector preferred.
- 2-3 years of experience in communications or a related field.
General Skills and Requirements for all Staff
- Commitment to our mission.
- Outstanding verbal/written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) is required. Experience with message management system such as MailChimp preferred.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, projects, and priorities effectively and professionally.
- Approximately 8-10 hours per week. Scope of responsibilities and work schedule can be discussed based on your availability and skill set. Honorarium will be provided.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
North Park WaySan Diego, CA 92104
February 23, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, PART_TIME