Social Media Volunteer
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Trans Advocacy and Care Team
POSITION TITLE: Social Media Volunteer
DEPARTMENT: Marketing & Communications
POSITION TYPE: Volunteer, unpaid
HOURS: 5 hours per week; 6 month commitment; remote with scheduling flexibility
ABOUT THE TRANS ADVOCACY & CARE TEAM (TACT):
TACT (Trans Advocacy & Care Team) is a growing non-profit initiative based in Oakland that champions the wellbeing of trans and nonbinary individuals. We are trans people helping other trans people to thrive. TACT was founded in 2021 and is staffed by a growing team of volunteers who are working to build a network of community support for trans and nonbinary individuals. TACT provides 1-on-1 peer support, facilitates restorative conversations, hosts community events and support groups, and promotes gender inclusivity through education and advocacy.
TACT centers the lived experience of trans and nonbinary people and is a trans-led organization. We are currently seeking volunteers who want to be part of this new and growing nonprofit as we work together to create a world where trans folks can thrive and be deeply understood.
OVERVIEW OF POSITION:
The Social Media Volunteer will work as a member of the Marketing team to create content for the organization’s social media platforms. Social Media content will fall under three categories: information about TACT’s services, ways followers can support TACT, and informative content about issues relevant to trans and nonbinary individuals. Ideally the candidate would identify as trans or nonbinary, but this is not a requirement for this role.
- Brainstorm and design creative media content across various social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, TikTok).
- Collaborate with team members to ensure a cohesive social media identity.
- Identify creative ways to engage both new and existing followers.
- Research and identify relevant content to share with followers.
- Apply style and format standards to ensure consistency across all platforms.
- Time commitment: 5 hours per week; 6 month commitment; remote with scheduling flexibility
- Create content to add to your portfolio
- Experience for your resume
- Creative flexibility
- Can provide work recommendation for future employer (if you complete volunteer time commitment)
- Great opportunity to get involved with a growing nonprofit and to advocate for trans and nonbinary individuals
- Able to work independently and collaboratively
- Experience with social media management
- Experience working with marginalized communities
- Our ideal candidate identifies as trans or nonbinary, but not required
- Can commit to a minimum of 6 months (5+ hours per week)
- Has a passion for empowering and uplifting the trans community
- Organized & reliable
- Experience with Canva or Photoshop/Illustrator
- Creative experience (i.e. graphic design, marketing, writing, visual arts)
- Proficient with social media platforms (mainly Instagram)
- Able to schedule/plan social media content
- Must be 18 years of age or older
HOW TO APPLY:
Complete a volunteer application at https://forms.clickup.com/f/h6djp-1200/8B15WPEP25PWKGA0Z1
TACT is committed to the inclusion of all members of our community. We welcome and strongly encourage people from historically marginalized and economically disadvantaged groups, including BIPOC, trans-feminine folks, folks with disabilities, and folks from working class backgrounds to apply.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
2153 Vine StreetBerkeley, CA 94709
February 23, 2022
- Human Resources Diversity
- Public Advocacy
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK