Gender Equality Researcher (Intern or volunteer)
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Community Centre for Integrated Development
To support in research and documenting on right to sexual health in cameroon. We work from an intersectional point of human rights and we focus on institutional capacity building and driving local development. We are committed to local knowledge and opinions are reflected in the design and implementation of national and international programs.
To CCID on SRHR research and drafting reports and publication on key human rights issues. Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following.
- Designing research questions and pathways
- Desk research;
- Report writing;
- Arranging and conducting interviews;
- Data entry and analysis;
- Administrative support.
More specifically, the responsibilities include:
- Develop and conduct research and analysis on the right to health and gender equality, investigating and evaluating human rights related developments in order to produce a publication;
- Provide expert advice on research and research methodology on right to health to ensure quality and consistency of work in this area
- Monitoring and documenting human rights practices by collecting and analyzing information from a wide variety of sources including governments, local media, NGOs, journalists, diplomats, others in the field;
- Monitor legal and policy developments applicable to key human rights issues as well as changes in the policy approaches of governments and agencies responsible protecting right to health;
- Assist in the development and implementation of local, regional, and international strategies to change abusive laws, policies, and practices;
- Write and publicize reports, letters, news releases, op-eds, to be used for advocacy and based on the findings of the research;
Education: An advanced (graduate) degree in human rights, gender/public health with some experience in human rights or related work is/are required.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Experience working in developing countries;
- A postgraduate qualification;
- Experience working with NGOs focused on justice or human rights;
- Experience with data analysis or survey design.
The following experience will help us in choosing the best candidate.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and a clear understanding of French is required. Skills in other languages are a plus. We can try to assist if you have the necessary experience without an understanding of french
- Ability to identify, prioritize, research, analyze and effectively communicate important human rights issues.
- Ability and sensitivity to conduct interviews with a wide range of people
- Strong initiative and follow-through, the capacity to think creatively and strategically, and the ability to work quickly and effectively under pressure with a broad range of people and as a part of a team are all required.
- Ability to produce high-quality written material under tight deadlines, excellent editing skills, and a dynamic public speaking ability are all required.
- Strong interpersonal skills in order to work collaboratively.
- Knowledge of and experience working in international human rights and familiarity with international human rights law is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about the global and local media environments and how to use the media and electronic media to further advocacy goals is strongly preferred.
- Solid field research and documentation skills are highly desirable.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurringFalse
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
P O Box 1505 Molyko, Buea.South west Region CameroonExpress Union Building, Checkpoint, Buea, Cameroon
February 22, 2022
- Public Advocacy
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS