Research & Content Coordinator
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Human Rights Connected
The Research & Content Coordinator will coordinate efforts to provide support to human rights defenders and activists participating in civil resistance struggles. The Coordinator will work closely with the Research & Content Specialists to implement specific content-related tasks that will help achieve broader strategic goals. Activities will broadly include performing initial research into ongoing rights struggles, identifying possible resources for inclusion in our library, uploading resources to our Wordpress site, maintaining our library content, and communicating content for promotion to HRC’s audience.
The Coordinator will play a critical role developing our website content and building the overall capacity of the Research & Content Team to pursue HRC’s mission more effectively.
- With the Research & Content Specialists, conduct independent research on human rights topics and civil resistance struggles worldwide.
- Identify organizations, activism tools and legal resources that provide practical support for ongoing struggles.
- Based on research findings, propose resources for inclusion in our library to Research & Content Specialists based on their practical value and relevance to ongoing struggles.
- Provide ad hoc research support for requests for assistance from rights defenders in the field.
- Provide other assistance to Research & Content Specialists as needed.
- Contribute to HRC’s other research or education initiatives, as agreed upon with an HRC Lead.
- Upload between 5-10 resources on a weekly basis to our Wordpress site.
- Feature new resources weekly on the HRC front page to promote engagement with our site.
- Conduct quality control checks to identify content-related or technical errors in previously uploaded resource entries.
- Implement corrections to resource entries as errors are identified.
- Provide support responding to user inquiries as needed.
- Identify resources to be featured weekly on HRC’s social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Tumblr.
- Communicate featured resources and narrative suggestions to the Digital Community Manager for publication on social media.
- Present on content-related initiatives and updates to the HRC team during meetings as needed.
- Attend Research Team meetings regularly as well as HRC’s monthly all-hands meetings.
Qualifications and Experience
- Deep commitment to and enthusiasm for human rights and social justice required
- Some experience or background in human rights education, law or advocacy highly preferred
- Willingness to understand the principles and practices of organizing, liberation, intersectionality and anti-oppression required
- Some experience participating in nonviolent action and/or grassroots community organizing highly preferred
- Excellent qualitative research and analytical skills required
- Some experience with website or database administration required (Wordpress proficiency is preferred)
- Ability to perform content research and synthesize findings in an organized way required
- Ability to explain complex topics to an outside audience in an accessible way using plain language required
- Ability to work remotely and independently in a networked organization required
- Effective verbal and written communication skills required
- Excellent project coordination and organizational skills required
- English proficiency required; additional language ability highly preferred
- Experience using Asana or other task management platforms preferred
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
3 Washington CircleSuite GWashington, DC 20047
February 22, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK