6 people are interested
Program Director - Violence Prevention Consortium
ORGANIZATION: AWOFINC - A Work of Faith Ministries, Inc.
Please visit the new page to apply.
6 people are interested
The Program Director is responsible for researching, planning, developing and implementing the organization’s violence prevention programs.
- Train and be a motivating mentor to staff. - Lead large group discussions to answer questions and remedy complaints.
- Create and nurture effective communication within the organization.
- - Build a strong team through open communication and by collaborating on decision-making responsibilities.
- - Initiate and set goals for programs based on the organization's strategic objectives.
- - Plan programs from start to finish, including identifying processes, deadlines and milestones.
- - Develop and approve operations and budgets.
- - Maintain excellent record-keeping in the form of participant files, reports, documented coursework, student attendance, etc.
- - Devise and implement violence prevention initiatives and programs
- - plan agenda for community meetings
- - recruit and train staff for street engagement teams
- - schedule tours and communities for street engagement team
- - network with various communities to develop violence prevention strategies
- - engage local law enforcement agencies as community partners
- - other duties as defined by Associate Director, Executive Director, Director of Operations or Board President and/or Chairman of the Board.
The Program Director has a variety of skills and qualifications that allow them to manage their responsibilities effectively, which can include:
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Strategic mindset
- Ability to multitask
- Problem-solving skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated interest, familiarity or direct work experience with the youth of the community.
- Able to communicate with a culturally diverse group.
- Excellent, verifiable work and/or scholastic history with related references.
- Must pass Child Abuse and Neglect Tracking System inquiry.
Bachelor’s Degree or extensive training or workplace experience directly related to violence prevention programs and services.
64 More opportunities with AWOFINC - A Work of Faith Ministries, Inc.5 Reviews
About AWOFINC - A Work of Faith Ministries, Inc.
Human Resources Development & Training, Chicago, IL 60649, US
The mission of AWOFINC is to significantly reduce illiteracy, unemployment, youth gang activity, drug and alcohol abuse, violence and homelessness by developing happy purposeful people committed to giving something back to the community.
AWOFINC is a community initiative that is designed to meet the needs of families who do not have the resources that are to attain the supplemental educational services that are needed to enhance the possibility of success for their children. For over two decades AWOFINC has addressed the critical educational, financial, and social needs of the families in Illinois.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
April 8, 2023
- Public Relations
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Social Media / Blogging
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- Must be at least 25
- Orientation or Training
- 7-10 hours per week
- Orientation and Training