2 people are interested
Registered Sex Offenders Needed!
ORGANIZATION: The Foundation
Please visit the new page to apply.
2 people are interested
Over the past few years, as more folks want to help due to the pandemic, we've learned that many nonprofit 501 c 3 organizations, churches, and other groups privately shun and discourage anyone they know to be a sex offender from becoming involved (or require a chaperone). They know nothing of that individual other than this terrible stigma. And they look no further, limiting or completely preventing these individuals from participating. They are afraid. Not of the offender, but of losing revenue if members or others, such as donors, learn that the offenders are among them. And they are right.
We say ENOUGH! Enough bigotry, and marginalization of those we don't understand and don't even know personally. Enough! Gays, lesbians, bisexuals, transgenders, transvestites, transexuals, and the LGBTQ- non-binary communities, etc., all know exactly what it's like to be hated just because of a genetic predisposition they never chose or asked for (any more than the color of their eyes or skin), and which society cannot accept. This is exactly the same.
A Call To Serve:
Whether you were a teacher, doctor, lawyer, clergy, carpenter, sanitation worker, ditch digger, truck driver, etc. and lost your job due to being on the sex offender registry in your state, we NEED YOU and your job skills!!
No matter your crime (whether against an adult, child, or if you just got caught up in some stupid nonsense), we want you to fill out our application (link below) so we can place you in your much needed volunteer job position. You will get an opportunity to serve your community, just like all Americans.
- We will NEVER place any volunteer, sex offender or not, in any position we know they are not suited for. We check criminal records extensively and other information to ensure the safety of everyone involved (example: we need schoolteachers of all grades to teach adults who want to ultimately obtain their GED and beyond).
- Many states require sex offenders to report any involvement with a volunteer organization. If this is a requirement you MUST comply with it. Follow the guidelines of your state or local registry. When/if contacted we will both acknowledge your involvement, politely answer their inquiries, and let them know you are welcome here.
- If you are on any type of monitoring in addition to the sex offender registry (probation, parole, halfway house, pre-release, court ordered public service, electronic monitoring, etc.) you MUST comply with any and all reporting requirements about your volunteering with us.
- All positions may become permanent and/or paid depending upon the situation.
- If, after you have been accepted into a volunteer position, anyone from the sex offender registry or law enforcement etc. tell you that you're not allowed to do so, you should contact your advisor so they can inform legal. Our legal team will fight for your right to volunteer with us. If you feel threatened in any way, contact your advisor.
- We do not keep up with every state or local sex offender registry rule, law, or regulation. It is up to you to pay attention and find out what your registry requirements are.
If you are a sex offender, you are not a bad person no matter what you did or what they said you did. If you are willing to work hard doing what you love, you have a career with us.
If you are someone who feels they may reoffend, contact your advisor. They can get you into our Horizons Anonymous program. There are alternatives to re-offense. If you don't have an advisor, just fill out the Horizons Anonymous form on our website.
Please use this link to fill out our application. Be sure to focus on your trade, skills, etc. Even if you're a handyman who can swing a hammer, we need you!
Application Form: https://form.jotform.com/203601524803142
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About The Foundation
PO BOX 6316, Springfield, MA 01101, US
The mission of The Foundation, in part, is to help those in need especially those who have been marginalized within society, by creating new and innovative out of the box problem solving methodologies. We pride ourselves in assisting individuals and groups to overcome the odds and obstacles which face them, to create realistic solutions to complex personal and social issues. The Foundation gets its name from Luke 6:48 of the Holy Bible though we are classified as a 501c3 charity. We believe that if you build a strong base of individuals and community, on a solid foundation, anything can be accomplished.
The Foundation is an IRS registered, tax exempt, nonprofit, charity, dedicated to helping people obtain a higher quality of life through education, counseling, and innovative agressive self help programs.
Humbert StreetSpringfield, MA 01109
March 26, 2022
- Legal (General)
- Administrative Support
- Data Entry
- Computer Science
- A PC or laptop. Internet connection.