DONATE TO THIS
12 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: HYPE TO EMPOWER INC
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
12 people are interested
The challenges facing those most impacted by HIV/AIDS are systemic, multifaceted, interconnected, and rooted in a larger system of oppression, and, while the system of oppression has always had life-threatening consequences for those impacted by it, the consequences for those most impacted by HIV/AIDS become a public health issue. At H.Y.P.E. we try to create programs that transform youth, young adults, families, and communities living and impacted with HIV and AIDS into fearless young leaders who utilize their unique position to dismantle the structural systems that support housing inequality for people living with HIV/AIDS
As part of the volunteer team, you and a team of volunteer individuals will design and create supporting documents, materials and develop any additional tools that will help support the current project. Through this process, you will also evaluate existing programs and help integrate new technology or adapt them into digital formats.
HYPE is looking for a variety of backgrounds and skills to help the organization out.
Participant Materials/Document Creation
- Assist in the development of twelve (12) modules
- Collect and organize all supporting materials and resources
- Identify supporting materials and resources
- Identify possible partnering organizations and guest speakers
- Act as a reviewer and editor
- Create participant Contracts and introduction materials
Template Design Project
Graphic design, Design or Marketing background or major
- Design and create program templates
- Design and create Facilitator guide template
- Design and create Participant guide template
- Design and create Program Manager’s Guide template
- Design and create PowerPoint template
Program Policies and Procedures Project
Human resources major or background
- Develop program policies and procedures
- Staff/participant behavior and conduct
- Dress code
- Financial (participant payments)
- Media release
Additinal help needed, that not included: Please bring your skills to the talbe!
Time, Tools, Location:
- We work off Eastern Standard Time
- We do not have set hours per week.
- We work off weekly check-ins. We expect you as a volunteer to manage your hours to meet check-ins.
- All Volunteering positions will be held virtual (Zoom)
- This is a remote volunteer opportunity.
- Meaning you can be located anywhere in the United States provided you have a computer and a reliable internet connection.
- This opportunity is flexible. However, we will work on the deadlines needed to ensure successful deadlines.
Preferred Qualifications and skills:
- Be willing to experiment, comfortable trying new things, and not afraid to fail and interested in HIV/AIDS and LGBTQ matters.
- Microsoft Office
- Time management, Interpersonal skills, Strong people skills., Organizational skills, Ability to meet deadlines, Ability to work independently.
- Strong written communication skills: ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals.
- Strong editing skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
About HYPE TO EMPOWER INC
1530 DEKALB AVE NE STE A, ATLANTA, GA 30307, US
H.Y.P.E. 's mission is to empower leadership in youth, young adults, and families to transform their communities through education, health literacy, counseling, supportive services, and trainings.
H.Y.P.E. is an HIV services and youth development advocacy organization charged with building and growing programs that empower youth ages 13-29 and affected family members to succeed individually and to become leaders. H.Y.P.E. 's mission is to empower leadership in youth, young adults, and families to transform their communities through education, health literacy, counseling, supportive services, and trainings.
Our models have helped others succeed by showing our participants how to become leaders who mentor others to transform lives, communities, and systems.
H.Y.P.E. goals are 1.) Develop programs that empower our participants to succeed. 2.) Provide the tools to cultivate individuals, who enter our program, to effectively manage their personal health, finances, and social responsibilities 3.) Provide our skills and expertise to persons, groups, organizations, and businesses who wish to utilize our model(s) in targeted areas where HIV and AIDS are at their highest. Thus, leading us to amplify their voices to become leaders and advocates in their community.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
May 19, 2022
- Technical Writing
- Data Entry
- Administrative Support
- Program Management
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Executive Admin
- People 55+
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- • We do not have set hours per week. o We work off weekly check-ins. • All Volunteering positions will be held virtual (Zoom) • This is a remote volunteer opportunity. • This opportunity is flexible.