Cedar Creek Picnic Area and Group Campground Host
ORGANIZATION: USDA Forest Service
Please visit the new page to apply.
Located just east of the Smokey Bear Ranger Station on Forest Road 88. The picnic area offers water, accessible bathrooms, picnic tables for the general public. It also offers a reservation-only group area. Adjacent to the picnic area are 3 group campgrounds that are reservations only on reservation.gov
The picnic area and group area are both day-use only and the gates need to be closed in the evenings and reopened in the mornings.
The Group Campground has capacity for up to 100 people for camping or picnicking. All units are wheelchair accessible and have pavilions, picnic tables, campfire pits, grills, water, vault toilets. 3 sites for 60/80/100 people in a meadow setting provide popular group activity destination and trails/forest roads for hiking access into adjoining forest are located in close proximity to the sites.
- Checking restrooms for cleanliness and restocking supplies as needed.
- Ensuring payment for sites and site compliance (quiet hours, fire restrictions, site cleanliness, dogs on leash)
- Light maintenance and cleaning of sites including picking up loose garbage, cleaning fire pits, cleaning off tables.
- Ensuring garbage is in receptacle.
- Locking and unlocking gates
- Posting signs and information in Kiosks
Start Date - 2022-05-02
End Date - 2022-12-01
Hosts Housing Amenities: RV/Trailer Pads
About USDA Forest Service
1400 Independence Ave SW, Washington, DC 20250, US
The USDA Forest Service's mission is to sustain the health, diversity, and productivity of the Nation's forests and grasslands to meet the needs of present and future generations.
The United States Forest Service (USFS) is an agency of the U.S. Department of Agriculture that administers the nation’s 154 national forests and 20 national grasslands, spanning 193 million acres of land.
901 Mechem DriveRuidoso, NM 88345
May 4, 2022
- Outdoor Recreation
- Water Recreation
- People 55+