We're sorry, this opportunity is no longer active.
Idealist.org has 6581 more opportunities, please check them out.See Opportunities
Member of the Board of Directors
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Our Saviour's Community Services
WHO ARE WE?
Our Saviour’s Community Services (OSCS) walks with people in community in the heart of Phillips,
one of the most diverse neighborhoods in South Minneapolis. We provide dignified shelter and
housing for single adults and education for adult English language learners through our two
programs - Our Saviour’s Housing and the English Learning Center.
OSCS currently has 40 staff and is 60% BIPOC, 40% white, while our participants are 73% BIPOC.
We are seeking to grow our board membership from 10 members to 16. Our Board is actively
working to examine and address the contributors to our current makeup, which does not
adequately represent the staff or community we serve in all forms of diversity. We welcome
candidates for the Board who are interested in this work.
WHO ARE YOU?
We are seeking members for our governing Board of Directors. Your characteristics include:
● A passion and commitment to engage in diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging work on
a personal, organizational, and systemic level.
● Financial acumen to perform fiduciary oversight for OSCS: balancing the need for feasibility
with a focus on equitable financial decision making. Financial expertise is not required, but
a willingness to grow financial literacy and a commitment to the financial health of the
● A willingness to think critically, creatively, and strategically on a big-picture level.
● An interest in joining a vibrant group of committed volunteers, and looking for the
opportunity to gain skills in strategic planning, financial oversight, and governance.
We seek candidates with:
● Diverse identities and perspectives. We serve a community diverse in age, country of
origin, cultural background, educational background, financial background, gender identity,
language, race, and religion. We seek to create a board that reflects multiple identities and
● Expertise gained through living in the community, or in a relevant and needed area such as
adult education/ESL, engagement/marketing, fundraising, governance, government,
healthcare management, housing, human resources, legal expertise, leadership
experience, and non-profit finance.
● A willingness to donate financially to OSCS to the extent possible for you.
● Time (roughly two hours each month). Currently, our board meets every other month for 1.5
hrs with committee work, other meetings on the off months.
For more information, contact Mike Huffman email@example.com
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Minneapolis, MN 55404
February 17, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_MONTH