We're sorry, this opportunity is no longer active.
Idealist.org has 6599 more opportunities, please check them out.See Opportunities
Volunteer Communication and Development Coordinator
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: The LegalMind Society Inc
As the Communications & Development Coordinator for The LegalMind Society, Inc, you will be responsible for assisting the Executive Director with communications efforts, creating awareness about our mission, and maintaining a consistent brand presence. Additionally, you will be responsible for assisting the executive director with fundraising tasks, including developing a short-term and long-term fundraising strategy. This role reports directly to the Executive Director.
This position is remote. It will be a volunteer position to start, with plans for the position to evolve into a part-time paid position in 3-4 months. The initial time commitment will be 5-10 hours a week.
- Applicants who are in Illinois are preferred, but not required.
- Some Spanish-speaking ability is preferred, but not required.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The Communications & Development Coordinator will help the LegalMind Society reach our annual revenue goals and strategic objectives by performing the following job functions:
Donor stewardship and gift processing [40%]
• Develop short-term and long term fundraising objectives
• Update the Executive Director and the Board as needed about fundraising.
• Draft communication updates and grant reports for the board, major donors, and grant partners.
• Process contributions, deposit checks, and send thank you letters in a timely manner; maintain donor database.
• Design and mail other donor appreciation materials (as needed).
Communications strategy & design [40%]
• Update and maintain The LegalMind Society’s SquareSpace website.
• Design and manage content for the organization's social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Assist with the website’s blog as needed.
• Design marketing collateral and content to promote The LegalMind Society’s mission, including assisting the Executive Director with monthly newsletters.
• Write press releases and blog articles to relevant news outlets to gain exposure.
• Collaborate with program staff to provide updates and testimonials for donor communications.
Special projects [20%]
• Develop and maintain profiles on relevant charity aggregators such as Guidestar, GlobalGiving, and Charity Navigator.
• Support the Executive Director with scheduling meetings and other touchpoints with donors and grant partners.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Passion for mental health issues and/or legal issues.
• Bachelor's degree from accredited college or university.
• 2-3 years experience in non-profit development and/or marketing communications preferred.
• Excellent writing and interpersonal communication skills.
• Experience with website development and maintenance through SquareSpace.
• Excellent graphic design and photography skills; interest in developing a consistent brand presence and engaging content via Canva.
• Experience with donor management databases.
• Ability to work independently.
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate logistics and implement action plans.
• Strong time management and organizational skills.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
46 Ione DriveUnit BSouth Elgin, IL 60177
February 17, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK