We're sorry, this opportunity is no longer active.
Idealist.org has 6599 more opportunities, please check them out.See Opportunities
OMSI Greeter Volunteer
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: OMSI - Oregon Museum of Science and Industry
Position Summary: Greeters welcome visitors to OMSI as they enter the museum’s exhibit halls and attractions, and provide them with friendly and helpful service to explore OMSI in a safe and welcoming environment. In this particular period, answering questions and stating OMSI protocols as related to COVID-19 will be an important additional aspect of the volunteer opportunity. Detailed training related to these protocols will be provided to volunteers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet visitors and welcome them as they enter OMSI
- Encourage guests to follow safety protocols and museum procedures as expressed by Guest Services supervisors and OMSI staff, including social distancing guidelines and wearing protective face coverings
- Direct guests to appropriate lines to redeem pre-purchased tickets or purchase tickets onsite.
- Communicate clear and accurate information about the museum’s exhibits, attractions and policies
- Assisting museum staff with additional guest support as needed, including but not limited to, operating the intro video and regulating the number of guests entering the Featured Hall exhibit.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
- Able to maintain a calm, pleasant, and cheerful demeanor in a variety of atmospheres.
- Able to listen to and communicate with people of diverse backgrounds, education levels, and ages.
- Dependable and punctual.
- Self-directed and willing to take initiative.
- Must present a professional appearance.
- Willing to follow OMSI rules and procedures.
Schedule and Support:
- Shift Times: 10:00 am to 1:30 pm & 1:30 pm to 5:00 pm
- Minimum number of hours: 4 hours per week or 8 hours per month
- Attend the following trainings or classes:
- Volunteer Orientation
- COVID-19 Safety Training
- Customer Service Training
- Training opportunities and a lifelong learning experience.
- Admission for the volunteer to the museum exhibits and attractions based on availability.
- An OMSI Family Membership upon completion of 50 hours of volunteer service.
- Discounts in the OMSI Science Store and on-site restaurants based on availability.
- The opportunity to meet many new people and learn more about OMSI.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
1945 SE Water AvePortland, OR 97214
February 17, 2022