We're sorry, this opportunity is no longer active.
Idealist.org has 6599 more opportunities, please check them out.See Opportunities
IT Manager - Notion Solutions (Volunteer)
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: WhoWhatWhy
IT Manager - Notion Solutions (Volunteer)
*Note: The following is an opportunity for flexible, part-time, volunteer work. Please DO NOT APPLY if you are only looking for paid employment. All positions are remote/ work-from-home.
Are you an experienced IT Manager who is passionate about making a difference? Would you find it exciting to work with smart and talented individuals committed to producing great journalism in the public interest? Can you commit 10 hours a week to our mission, working remotely on your own schedule with our far-flung, diverse team?
We are looking for a proactive, creative manager to build and oversee a team of volunteers dedicated to the implementation, maintenance, and success of Notion at our organization. Notion is a robust, fully-customizable knowledge management and information sharing solution that we use for a variety of tasks, including project management. Ideal candidates are curious, intuitive, and self-motivated. This individual will report to the Operations Team and will work across all WhoWhatWhy departments. This individual will own the successful implementation, adoption, enhancement, and sustainability of the WhoWhatWhy Notion Workspace.
WhoWhatWhy is a nonpartisan, agenda-free news organization. Not left-wing, not right-wing, not consensus-seeking, we report the truth, whatever it is. We approach each story with an open mind, boundless curiosity, and a willingness to dig deep beneath the surface -- and don’t back away in the face of pressure from powerful institutions and groupthink.
We are a nonprofit. We are not funded by a zillionaire. We do not accept corporate ads. As such, we seek skilled volunteers to fill out our growing organizational infrastructure.
Age does not matter. We have among us young students, vibrant retirees, and everything in between, from all walks of life.
- As product owner, you are responsible for Notion: its adoption, implementation, maintenance, and success
- Manage the roll-out of Notion according to a progressive implementation plan
- Develop and implement best practices for the organization’s use of Notion
- Create and implement strategies for effective staff participation in utilizing Notion’s various features and tools
- Build and oversee the Notion team
- Supervise the constant maintenance of our databases, conducted by the Notion Database Manager
- Continuously learn about new Notion features and train team members
- Collaborate with the Education and Training department to develop training manuals and tutorials for the entire organization
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years’ experience as a project/product manager
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Be able to prioritize work as member of a team
- Knowledge of or experience using Notion
- Software project or product management experience
- Leadership qualities
- Experience working in a startup, nonprofit, and/or media environment a plus
- Channel your passion in a stimulating environment
- Learn the nuts and bolts of nonprofit operations in an up-and-coming organization
- Develop new skills and gain valuable experience that can enhance your professional trajectory
- Do amazing work on a flexible, part-time basis
- Have fun while you make a difference
You will work remotely and on your own schedule; we require a minimum commitment of 10-15 hours a week. (Though doing more is not discouraged!) Because our staff is spread throughout the world, we communicate mostly through Zoom, Slack (direct messaging system), and email, and team members are requested to be highly responsive in a timely manner.
If you possess a high level of self-motivation, work well independently but also have strong collaboration skills, enjoy the opportunity to partner with other senior leaders, and can commit quality time per week on a regular basis to help achieve team goals, we’d like to hear from you.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
PO Box 1103New York, NY 10276
February 16, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, PART_TIME