We're sorry, this opportunity is no longer active.
Idealist.org has 6018 more opportunities, please check them out.See Opportunities
Treasurer - Arts: Board Position
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Allied Arts Foundation - Seattle
Use your financial skills to help the arts! Allied Arts Foundation is a small-but-impactful Seattle nonprofit supporting the arts for over 50 years. We provide grants, awards, and fiscal sponsorship, as well as state-wide arts advocacy. We are seeking a volunteer Treasurer to join our Board of Trustees and Executive Committee. We have an annual operating budget of under $100,000 and maintain a modest investment account through Vanguard.
The Treasurer of Allied Arts Foundation (AAF) has the responsibility of overseeing the management and reporting of the organization’s finances. AAF’s accounting firm handles banking, taxes, bookkeeping, and mail collection. The Treasurer’s role is to oversee and interface with them, and to be the resource of financial matters for the AAF Board of Trustees and Executive Director.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Financial transactions oversight - Being knowledgeable about incoming donations, grant revenue, and earned income; monitoring and approving vendor invoices.
- Accounting Point of Contact: Serving as the main point of contact with our accounting firm, and the main go-between for the Board and Executive Director.
- Quarterly Financial Reports - Keeping the board regularly informed of key financial events, trends, concerns, and assessment of fiscal health through development of quarterly financial reports reviewed at the quarterly AAF Executive Committee meeting.
- Budgets - Assist Executive Director in developing the annual budget as well as comparing the actual revenues and expenses incurred against the budget throughout the fiscal year.
- Financial Policies - Overseeing the development and observation of the organization's financial policies.
- Serve as a member of the AAF Executive Committee.
Qualifications for this position are:
Experience with financial planning / budgeting / analysis, Quickbooks, and Excel required. Non-profit experience preferred, but not required. Must be located in the Seattle-Tacoma area.
Time commitment is about 5 hours a month, sometimes a bit more, mostly working from home. Quarterly meetings via Zoom (normally held in-person in downtown Seattle) are usually scheduled from Noon to 2:00 PM on a weekday. Work is done from home; AAF maintains no physical office.
The Treasurer will join our team of friends, community volunteers, and arts enthusiasts who are helping to support artists and arts organizations locally and across the country. Members of the BIPOC community are especially encouraged to apply.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Seattle, WA 98103
February 15, 2022
- Public Advocacy
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_MONTH