Tutor a disadvantaged young person (14-18yrs) online 1 hour weekly with The Access Project
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: The Access Project
The Access Project, an education charity, supports disadvantaged young people to progress to university. We are looking for undergraduates, postgraduates, staff, and alumni who would be able to tutor a young person aged 14-18, online, 1 hour a week in term-time Autumn 2022- Summer 2023 to support them with their academic studies.
•Support a young person in a school subject to achieve the GCSE / A level grades they deserve and to fulfil their potential.
•Inspire, motivate and raise aspirations towards higher education and the world of work.
•Students supported by The Access Project typically achieve a grade higher at GCSE and are four times more likely than their peers to progress to a top-third ranked university.
No prior experience necessary, full training included with start dates through the autumn term.
Interested? You’ll need to:
· Either be currently studying for an undergraduate degree or have an undergraduate degree/equivalent professional qualification.
· Either have an A Level subject you wish to tutor at GCSE (grade B or above) or an undergraduate degree in a subject you wish to tutor at A level.
· Be able to spare 1 hour a week in school term time over the next academic year to tutor (starting Sept/Oct 2022), plus 30 mins a week preparation time.
· Be prepared to undertake an enhanced DBS check (criminal records check) and provide two references (personal or professional).
How does it work?
1. Sign up at www.theaccessproject.org.uk/volunteer
2. Sign up to any of our 2.5 hour training sessions over the summer, there are various dates so you can find one that suits you: During this session you’ll learn everything you need to know for your weekly 1 hour tutoring sessions.
3. You’ll complete a DBS check (criminal records check) and an online safeguarding course.
4. We’ll match you with a student who is looking for support in your subject. In particular, we are seeing high demand from our students for support with sciences and maths so volunteers who are able to support in maths and science subjects would be particularly welcome. There are also many opportunities for volunteer tutors in other subjects including humanities and languages.
More information and sign up at: https://www.theaccessproject.org.uk/volunteer
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
6918 More opportunities with Idealist.org
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
The Access Project128 Aldersgate Street, Barbican,London, EC1A 4AEUnited Kingdom
August 1, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK