Mentorship for Underserved Youth Living in Public Housing
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: City of Dreams
City of Dreams' mission is to help the youth living in San Francisco’s underserved communities build brighter futures through mentorship and youth development.
City of Dreams’ mentoring program helps to empower underprivileged youth in the Bayview community by providing support, guidance, and commitment to our youth. By being a mentor and a friend to our youth, you will be helping them make positive life choices that enable them to maximize their potential. By becoming part of a community dedicated to our youth, mentors can help youth develop and reach positive academic, career, and personal goals.
Many of our One-to-One Mentors start as Group Mentors, gaining experience and confidence while they wait to be paired with their mentee. Group Mentors bond with our youth during our Super Saturday field trips to places like surfing, community events, academic workshops, and more. Group Mentors attend at least one event per month while One-to-One Mentors commit to spending two days a month with their mentee.
- Have reliable transportation, insurance, and a valid driver’s license to be able to take mentee on outings.
- Submit and pass an interview process and a criminal history check.
- Take part in a one-day training session & quarterly mentor meetings.
- Group Mentors attend at least one event per month.
- 1:1 Mentors - Commit to 2 visits per month for a minimum of two years.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
1030 Oakdale AvenueSan Francisco, CA 94124
February 15, 2022
- Human Resources Diversity
- WEEKENDS, FEW_HOURS_MONTH