Funded Volunteer: Media Director
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Far Corners Community Musical Theatre
Media Director for Youth Theatre Program in Costa Rica
Far Corners Community Musical Theatre seeks energetic, creative individuals to assist with Costa Rica Theatre Camp, an intensive summer theatre program for teens. Join us in the breathtaking Cloud Forests of Monteverde, Costa Rica as we put on a full production of a musical with a fantastic, diverse group of youth.
This is a full time seasonal position. The applicant must be available to be on-site in Costa Rica from June 5th - July 27th, 2022.
About the Program:
Costa Rica Theatre Camp is a 6-week summer program for teens and children, now in its tenth year of operation. The primary focus of the program is producing a musical from the canon with a cast and crew of local Costa Rican teens, and a production staff of college-aged interns from both the U.S. and Costa Rica. The goal of the program is to provide a high-quality educational experience for the participants, fostering their artistic and personal development.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent amount of relevant work experience
- Experience in photography and videography
- Superior writing skills
- Graphic Design skills preferred
- Computer and web skills
- Excellent creative problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Experience working with children/youth
- Interest in and open mind towards immersion in a new culture
- Flexibility, patience and maturity
- Commitment to abide by our drug/alcohol policy
- Conversational Spanish (preferred, but not required)
- Strong ability to give and receive constructive criticism
- Ability to work long days in a fast-paced, intensive environment
- High level of self-awareness
Media Director Responsibilities:
- Record program activities through photography and video
- Create, edit, and manage website and blog content
- Curate social media accounts
- Produce short videos
- Conduct interviews with staff and participants on film and/or in writing
- Willingness to learn some Spanish (Spanish proficiency is valued but not required)
- Keep thorough digital records.
- Furnished living accommodations (private room in a house or apartment).
- Food stipend of $15 per day for a total of $885.
- Cost of transportation from the SJO airport to Monteverde (provided that the Volunteer travels within the timeframe specified by us).
- Up to $800 of round-trip airfare to San Jose, Costa Rica (SJO) from the Volunteer’s home of record.
- Cost of any necessary COVID-19 testing related to the contract.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Monteverde, Puntarenas Province 96813Costa Rica
February 15, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FULL_TIME