We're sorry, this opportunity is no longer active.
Idealist.org has 6599 more opportunities, please check them out.See Opportunities
Teaching and Teaching Assistant in Nepali Schools
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Everest Foundation Nepal (EFN)Volunteer Teaching Nepal
Volunteer teaching Nepal provides an opportunity to teach in private schools, community schools, Buddhist Monastery and Nunnery. Volunteer teaching Nepal will give you the opportunity to teach students who are eager to learn and improve their abilities in English, Math, Basic Science, Computer etc. Students will also benefit from cultural exchange and different teaching techniques. Nepal is one of the poorest and least developed countries in the world. A large portion of the population lives below the poverty line and there is widespread unemployment. Donating your time as a volunteer English teacher in Nepal is a great way to spend your gap year, career break or extended vacation. Teaching Nepalese children is a thoroughly enjoyable experience. Volunteer teaching Nepal program is open to everyone. No matter what you believe your skill level to be, you have something meaningful and helpful to offer. Volunteer World Nepal provides a meaningful placement for anyone willing to volunteer to assist with teaching at the preschool, primary and secondary levels, and believe that teaching skills required for volunteering for this program are a willingness to learn and an open mind. Volunteers often find songs and games useful in maintaining the children’s attention and in encouraging them to speak or sing in English. In some placements, volunteers not only teach English but also music and dance, crafts, cooking and the concept of playing etc.Volunteer Teaching Nepal Highlights:
- Volunteer to teach children in Nepal, and make a difference to their lives through education
- Volunteer work includes working at local Nepalese schools and help the in-house faculty in conducting lectures for students
- Volunteers are required to focus on the English skills of students that includes conversational and written skills
- Additionally, other subjects such as Math, Basic Science, General Knowledge, Computers/Information Technology and Hygiene can also be taught
- Support and encouragement from volunteers go a long way in creating a better future for the kids
- Volunteer work is carried out on weekdays and weekends are free to travel and explore the country
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Purano SinamangalKathmandu, 44600Nepal
February 15, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FULL_TIME