We're sorry, this opportunity is no longer active.
Please find other opportunities.Find Opportunities
Special Olympics NC - Local Program Coordinators - Pasquotank/Camden County
ORGANIZATION: Special Olympics North Carolina
Please visit the new page to apply.
Special Olympics North Carolina is seeking Local Program Coordinators for Pasquotank and Camden Counties. The Local Program Coordinators are designated volunteer representatives of SONC who are responsible for implementing Special Olympics activities within their assigned geographic area. These coordinators play a vital role in making the Special Olympics volunteer system operate effectively.
- Implement and manage Special Olympic Columbus County activities.
- Lead a local committee that provides sports training, competitions and health initiatives for adults and children with intellectual disabilities.
- Recruit, train and manage local athletes and volunteers.
- Plan and supervise fundraising events as needed.
- Prior experience with a nonprofit organization or sports organization is preferred.
- Strong communication skills are essential.
- All applicants must live in Pasquotank or Camden County.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Special Olympics North Carolina
2200 Gateway Centre Boulevard, Suite 201, Morrisville, NC 27650, US
The mission of Special Olympics is to provide year-round athletic training and sports competition in a variety of Olympic-type sports for children and adults with intellectual disabilities, giving them continuing opportunities to develop physical fitness, demonstrate courage, experience joy, and participate in a sharing of gifts, skills and friendship with their families and other Special Olympics athletes and the community. We provide opportunities for athletes and volunteers throughout the state of North Carolina. If you'd like to donate to Special Olympics NC please use this link: https://bit.ly/390XlyV
Volunteer-driven, non-profit organization
SONCElizabeth City, NC 27909
February 14, 2022
- Public Relations
- Program Management
- Event Planning / Management
- Community Outreach
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 2 to 4 hours weekly based on your availability
- Primarily virtual position on a flexible schedule