We're sorry, this opportunity is no longer active.
HISPANIC SERVICES COUNCIL INC has 3 more opportunities, please check them out.See Opportunities
1 person is interested
Wimauma: Children & Youth Activities Volunteer Needed
ORGANIZATION: HISPANIC SERVICES COUNCIL INC
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
Hispanic Services Council is looking for a Volunteer who is interested in making a difference in our Latino Community by helping to enhance the learning environment for our participants attending the La Red de Padres Activos (Network of Active Parents) Workshops. We are serving families with children from ages 3-13 years residing in Hillsborough County and provide them with a 12-week curriculum that enables them to navigate the Hillsborough County School Educational System. We provide support and build confidence by empowering our families to be engaged in the education of their children.
This volunteer opportunity is for in person assistance in our Community center 1 to 2 days out of the week (2 to 4 hours) between the hours of 5:00pm and 9:00pm. We are closely following CDC guidelines and are taking all the necessary precautions to protect our personnel, volunteers, & participants.
The Responsibilities & Duties Include:
- Helping the Community Coordinators with:
- Maintaining and environment that is clean, organized, sanitized, & safe.
- Setting up the space for the parents’ workshop & the children’s activity room.
- Setting up the space for the refreshments & snacks for the participants
- Dividing & Distributing the to-go dinners for the families
- Attend & engage in occasional parent participation events and other events that may be on other days of the week and weekends.
- Help to select and organize donations as needed.
- Managing & supervise a small group of children, which may include:
- Engaging Children in activities and play (e.i. Crafts, Arts, Music, Dance, Games, etc.)
- Assisting with Homework help when needed (ESOL, Reading, Writing, Math, Science, etc.)
- Implementing activities according to a specific program guideline being offered
- Must Submit to a background check
- If you are over 18 you must pass a level 2 background check that HSC will pay for.
- If you are under 18, you must consent to a level 1 background check
- Be warm and nurturing with children
- Have great communication skills
- Maintain a professionalism at all times.
- Be a good role model for our families
The ideal candidate for this position enjoys working with Latino families and their children, will be a positive role model, and is dedicated to creating a compassionate atmosphere for our community. If you have previous experience working with children and/or are passionate and interested in joining our growing volunteer team, we encourage you to apply.
If this opportunity speaks to your heart, please contact the Volunteer Resource Liaison at 813.510.7992 or email at Grecia.Santos@hispanicservicescouncil.org for more information on how to get involved.
05:00 PM to 08:00 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About HISPANIC SERVICES COUNCIL INC
7825 N DALE MABRY HWY STE 102, TAMPA, FL 33614, US
OUR MISSION: To increase access and opportunities for Latinos and influence the systems that serve them. OUR VISION: A community where Latinos are educated, prosperous, healthy and engaged.
As Hillsborough County's largest minority group, Hispanics represent more than 300,00 of the county's 1.2 million residents.
Hispanic Services Council (HSC), has represented the issues and concerns of Latinos for over 26 years, ensured that families receive services to address their housing, economic, health, and educational needs.
HSC's work priority areas are: Education, Health, and Civic Engagement through the following services:
Education:La Red de Padres Activos/Networking of Active Parents:
Health - Puentes de Salud/Bridges to Health:
Civic Engagement:Immigration Legal Services & Advocacy(ILSA):
201 12th StreetWimauma, FL 33598
February 14, 2022
- Child Care
- Child Development
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training