3 people are interested
North Tampa: English Tutor for Middle Schoolers & Elementary
ORGANIZATION: HISPANIC SERVICES COUNCIL INC
Please visit the new page to apply.
3 people are interested
Hispanic Services Council is looking for a Volunteer who is interested in making a difference in our Latino Community by helping to enhance the learning environment for our participants attending the La Red de Padres Activos (Network of Active Parents) Workshops. We are serving families with children from ages 3-13 years residing in Hillsborough County and provide them with a 12-week curriculum that enables them to navigate the Hillsborough County School Educational System. We provide support and build confidence by empowering our families to be engaged in the education of their children.
This volunteer opportunity is for in person assistance in our Community center 1 to 2 days out of the week (2 to 4 hours) between the hours of 5:00pm and 9:00pm. We are closely following CDC guidelines and are taking all the necessary precautions to protect our personnel, volunteers, & participants.
The Responsibilities & Duties Include:
- Helping the Community Coordinators with:
- Assisting with Homework help when needed (ESOL, Reading, Writing, Math, Science, etc.)
- Able to create a curriculum to help children strengthen their knowledge of English
- Implementing activities according to a specific program guideline being offered
- Maintaining and environment that is clean, organized, sanitized, & safe.
- Managing & supervise a small group of children, which may include:
- Must Submit to a background check
- If you are over 18 you must pass a level 2 background check that HSC will pay for.
- If you are under 18, you must consent to a level 1 background check
- Be warm and nurturing with children
- Have great communication skills
- Maintain a professionalism at all times.
- Be a good role model for our families
The ideal candidate for this position enjoys working with Latino families and their children, will be a positive role model, and is dedicated to creating a compassionate atmosphere for our community. Must be able to speak both English and Spanish fluently. If you have previous experience working with children and/or are passionate and interested in joining our growing volunteer team, we encourage you to apply.
If this opportunity speaks to your heart, please contact the Volunteer Resource Liaison at 813.510.7992 or email at Anissah.Tomas@hispanicservicescouncil.org for more information on how to get involved.
In terms of COVID0-19, all of our communities are requiring masks during their visit.
06:00 PM to 08:30 PM
Monday & Thursday
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About HISPANIC SERVICES COUNCIL INC
7825 N DALE MABRY HWY STE 102, TAMPA, FL 33614, US
OUR MISSION: To increase access and opportunities for Latinos and influence the systems that serve them. OUR VISION: A community where Latinos are educated, prosperous, healthy and engaged.
As Hillsborough County's largest minority group, Hispanics represent more than 300,00 of the county's 1.2 million residents.
Hispanic Services Council (HSC), has represented the issues and concerns of Latinos for over 26 years, ensured that families receive services to address their housing, economic, health, and educational needs.
HSC's work priority areas are: Education, Health, and Civic Engagement through the following services:
Education:La Red de Padres Activos/Networking of Active Parents:
Health - Puentes de Salud/Bridges to Health:
Civic Engagement:Immigration Legal Services & Advocacy(ILSA):
2905 Smitter Rd, Tampa FL, 33618TAMPA, FL 33618
November 18, 2022
- Teaching / Instruction
- Child Development
- Reading / Writing
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Fluent in English & Spanish.