We're sorry, this opportunity is no longer active.
Idealist.org has 6581 more opportunities, please check them out.See Opportunities
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: The Africa In Me
AF. IM is a registered non-profit organization with a diverse workforce of volunteers of all ages and ethnicities who help to improve the lives of those we serve.
AF. IM is dedicated to serve and bring relief to the less fortunate families.
By providing life-saving food and clean water to drink, we are giving the poor a chance at a better future, and showing them God’s love.
Here, you can build a volunteer experience where you make meaningful differences in the lives of others as we fulfill our mission to feed the hungry, love, and serve.
Check out our website, follow us on LinkedIn, and like us on Facebook!
JOB DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide expert and strategic legal advice to The Africa In Me management team
- Set internal governance policies and manage the impact of external factors
- Evaluate and weigh multiple inputs and impacts of any decision or course of action
- Anticipate issues and estimate risks strategically
- Identify proactive solutions that will eliminate or mitigate risks
- Base your decision-making process on ethics and integrity
- Create associations of trust and respect with key stakeholders
- Deal with external parties (regulators, external counsel, politicians, clients)
- Attract, develop, direct, motivate and drive performance from the team
- Draft agreements that minimize risks and maximize legal rights
- Meet legal objectives
- Deal with complex, significant matters that cut across legal and related areas
- Keep abreast of legislative changes
What types of individuals are we looking for?
- Proven general counseling experience in a business environment
- Overall broad legal knowledge (corporate law, litigations, labor law, etc)
- In-depth understanding of how legal issues affect organizations
- Ability to develop legal strategy and objectives
- Well-versed in how the business operates with financial acumen
- The high degree of professional ethics, integrity, and gravitas
- Excellent judgment and analytical skills
- First-class interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to anticipate legal issues or risks and to "see around the corner.
- Ability to work within a team and independently
- Strong work ethic with the willingness to learn
- Great attitude and a creative mindset
Minimum Qualification and Degree Requirement:
You will need any Legal Studies degree or the below:
- BS Criminal Justice with a concentration in Legal Studies & Advocacy
- Law & Policy (Pre-Law)
- Paralegal Studies
- Juris Doctor (J.D) Degree
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
6655 Santa Barbara RoadElkridge, MD 21075
February 14, 2022
- Public Advocacy
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK