Coach With Girls on the Run at Lake Merritt!
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Girls on the Run of the Bay Area
Girls on the Run is an after school program that educates and builds confidence in girls in the 3rd-8th grades. Our program uniquely combines physical activity with intentionally designed lessons that encourage mental, social, and emotional development.
Girls need us now more than ever! This season, we anticipate serving 1000 girls throughout the Bay Area. We are actively seeking dedicated, enthusiastic volunteer coaches who are committed to empowering girls with valuable life lessons during the Spring 2022 season! We’ll provide you with training, curriculum, and supplies- everything you’ll need to coach a safe, successful season and help the girls in your community activate their limitless potential!
Lake Merritt practice schedules:
Lake Merritt Fairyland Steps Tues/Thurs 4:00-5:15pm
Safety Modifications for Spring 2022: The safety of our participants is a top priority for Girls on the Run. We will continue to support girls in an updated, safe environment:
- We have limited our team size to 16 girls who will meet at their site twice a week for 8 weeks, with the possibility of transitioning to virtual programming depending on public health directives.
- We provide training on how to successfully facilitate in a virtual and in-person format.
- We provide training on our most updated safety plans and procedures
- Serve as a role model and mentor for the participating girls
- Prepare & collaborate with other coaches to facilitate twice-weekly lessons
- Attend both weekly practices (virtual or in-person depending on safety)
- Communicate with parents/guardians of program participants as needed
- Participate in the Girls on the Run 5K (virtual or in-person depending on safety)
- Have fun motivating your girls to become healthy and confident!
- Interest in inspiring girls to be joyful, healthy and confident!
- Able to complete 6 hours of on-demand coach training to prepare you to lead this season
- Able to dedicate approximately 5 hours a week for 8 weeks (from March-May)
- Interest in running or any form of exercise, a plus but not required (you do not need to be a runner or a competitive athlete to be a successful coach)!
If you want to make a positive difference in your community, please fill out our Spring Coach Application! We are recruiting coaches to serve with teams in Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, San Francisco, and San Mateo Counties.
If you have questions about this opportunity, or are interested in starting a GOTR program site, please reach out to our team at email@example.com, and explore our website to learn more about our organization and programs.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
568 Bellevue AvenueOakland, CA 94610
February 11, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK