Blood Donor Ambassador in Green Lake County
ORGANIZATION: AMERICAN NATIONAL RED CROSS
Please visit the new page to apply.
Provide excellent and enthusiastic customer service to enhance the blood donor experience. Engage with blood donors to promote blood donation and set the stage for a long-term commitment to regular blood donations. Express gratitude and ensure each blood donor is sincerely thanked for their donation. Preferred commitment: 1+ shift every 3 months for 6 months, renewable.
- Greet donors, explain the donation process as necessary and assist with initial intake and hand offs through the blood donation process
- Direct donor to next step of donation or options for future donations if deferred.
- Model excellent customer service behaviors.
- Ensure blood donors have relevant information and that questions are answered appropriately while creating a favorable impression of the blood donation process.
- Learn and share the Red Cross story, including the mission, vision, and values
- Provide customer service to donors in the Hospitality Area by ensuring that each donor is recognized for his/her contribution. Report possible adverse post-donation physical reactions to the collections staff.
- Set up and maintain cleanliness in Reception and Hospitality Areas, and Donor Areas/Beds as requested
- Work with collections team supervisor or charge staff to match donor’s blood type with the best product for maximum impact
- Responsible to inform donors of current and upcoming donation promotions
- May make reminder/cancellation calls, re-schedule donor appointments, and perform follow up activities as directed
- Fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and submission of vaccine status and supporting documentation in Volunteer Connection.
- Willingness to carry vaccination card to work assignments.
- Must be over the age of 16
- Ability to display the utmost professionalism and communication skills
- Extremely comfortable working with people from diverse communities and backgrounds
- Ability to understand technology needed for position: Donor Check-in, Donor Tablet, Rapid Pass, Donor App.
- Ability to explain/teach technology to donors and fellow volunteers
- Ability to regularly commit to schedule, arrive punctually and adapt to a change driven culture
31 More opportunities with AMERICAN NATIONAL RED CROSS
About AMERICAN NATIONAL RED CROSS
2600 W. Wisconsin Ave., Milwaukee, WI 53233, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Whether helping one displaced family or thousands, providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran, or teaching others how to respond in emergencies, it’s through the efforts of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
Multiple locations Berlin, WI 54923
May 31, 2023
- Customer Service
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 3-6 hours per shift. Variable; preferred commitment 1 shift/month Only available Monday thru Friday
- To learn more or apply online, please visit www.redcross.org/volunteer.