Hackathon Event Planner + Manager
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: STEM Montessori Academy of Canada
This position is for a start date of February 22, 2022. Event will be late May, early June. Serious inquiries only.
STEM Canada specializes in an advanced, bar-none STEM-based educational curriculum that emphasizes the interconnected subject areas of science, technology, engineering, and math.
Get ready to HACK. Here is your chance to manage a local and global tech community. We are looking for innovative, collaborative and inspiring individuals to help us plan our local and global hackathon event. Working with thousands of students, our weekend long event will foster critical thinking and problem solving among students ages 8 to 17 in order to invent and / or solve technology issues through competition. As a dedicated and committed volunteer, you will be working with an innovation team to deliver a successful hackathon event.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Aid in building our hackathon team by working through various networks to promote participation.
- Assist in all aspects of planning both the local in person and virtual global event.
- Create hackathon planning tools & resources.
- Aid in the responsibility of marketing the event locally and globally.
- Recruit volunteers and participants such as celebrity guests, judges, emcees and facilitators
- Supporting project management including budget tracking, building project timelines, and sponsors
- Ability to coordinate multiple learning programs at the same time.
- Be available for management on hackathon event days
- Ability to attend weekly virtual planning meetings
- Experience organizing events
- Experience in the student hacker community
- Speak effectively with both the technical team and management.
- Possess a strong interest in social entrepreneurship
- Proven commitment to positive social impact
- Commitment of 5-7 hours a week from Feb 22, up to the event days in May / June
- Highly focused, detail-oriented, and very conscientious of meeting project restraints and timelines.
- Highly collaborative style; experience developing and marketing team.
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills
- A strong track record as an implementer who thrives on managing a variety of key initiatives
- Self-starter, able to work independently; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives
· Applicants must have an understanding of how to plan a hackathon.
What’s in it for you?
· volunteer hours
· job reference letter (if required)
· on the job training and experience in the field.
· ability to assist a non-profit and impact the lives of children
We are strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We welcome and encourage applications from all religious backgrounds, persons of color, women, Indigenous/Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, and others who can contribute to the diversification of our community.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume to email@example.com
We thank you for your interest in this opportunity; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurringFalse
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
24 Alexander StreetBrampton, ON L6V 1H6Canada
April 30, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_DAYS