6 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: Housing Options & Planning Enterprises, Inc.
Please visit the new page to apply.
6 people are interested
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION: Founded in 2005, Housing Options & Planning Enterprises, Inc. (H.O.P.E.) is a non-profit organization providing the community with comprehensive housing counseling and financial literacy, helping individuals and households acquire the housing that meets their needs.
Our services foster self-sufficiency, sustainable housing, and economic development.Job Description Summary:
The Community Navigator position is a crucial addition to H.O.P.E.s housing counseling programs they will help to connect the historically underserved or left behind population to access other services in conjunction with wrap-around and housing services to increase their quality of life. It will connect the gap between underserved and vulnerable populations to ensure that Prince Georgians start to recover from the pandemic. The Community Navigator will be a hub to clients and the community at large alike. This position will include the following but not be limited to the duties listed below:Job Duties/Tasks:
- Develop a written client listing of Community Referrals & Resources (food banks, childcare, direct client financial assistance for homeowners and renters, referrals to shelters, landlords, properties, etc.)
- Receive and acknowledge referrals from internal/external housing counselors, partners, and clients.
- Conduct and document day-to-day outreach to community resources.
- Assess client needs using a variety of assessment tools.
- Develop written personalized activities for each client to obtain their housing goals.
- Assist clients with completing and submitting applications for financial services as well as reviewing for completeness of the application.
- Refer clients to educational, community, and cultural activities offered within Prince George’s County.
- Conduct follow-ups via phone and/or email to determine whether the client has connected to resources as part of their personalized plan.
- Perform ongoing case management to provide service and problem-solving
- Represent and market agency at events, seminars, networks functions and be able to make presentations as (May require after business hours attendance to include evenings and weekends)
- Prepare and submit timely and accurate information as necessary to meet agency reporting
- Be familiar with and maintain compliance with the program funder’s guidelines.
- Record and update client logs/notes after client meetings in the Client Management System and maintain accurate client records.
- Maintain client confidentiality
- Participate in weekly staff meetings and training as well as coordinate efforts to work cooperatively with other counseling staff.
- Other duties as duties as needed
- Associate Degree in Human Services or related field (life and employment experience will also be considered in lieu of education)
- Two to three years of experience in Social Services.
- Knowledge of local community resources and partners.
- Professional, highly organized, motivated to learn, with strong communication and listening skills.
- Strong time-management skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Ability to work on teams and
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Send cover letter, resume, a brief writing sample, and salary requirements to email@example.com with "Community Navigator - Last Name, First initial" in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Based on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date.
SALARY: Commensurate with experience and skills.
H.O.P.E. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate because of age, race, gender, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Housing Options & Planning Enterprises, Inc.
6188 Oxon Hill Road, Suite 700, Oxon Hill, MD 20745, US
Housing Options & Planning Enterprises, Inc., (H.O.P.E.) goal is to empower low-and-moderate income residence; targeted to maintain homeownership, improve financial well-being and assist those residents experiencing economic hardship maintaining homeownership. H.O.P.E. is a HUD-Approved housing approved nonprofit organization. Our mission is to ensure equal access to housing and capital for all persons through counseling, education, advocacy, lending and community revitalization. H.O.P.E. offers a wide range of services designed to foster self-sufficiency, wealth building, and housing that meets the needs of the community.
H.O.P.E. offers a wide range of services designed to foster self-sufficiency and help people find and keep the housing that meets their needs.
- Homebuyer Education
- Pre-Purchase Counseling
- Post-Purchase Education
- Post-Purchase Counseling
- Default / Pre-foreclosure Assistance
- Mortgage Services
- Credit Counseling Counseling
- Financial Management
- Predatory Lending Counseling
6188 Oxon Hill RoadSuite 700Oxon Hill, MD 20745
November 16, 2022
- Family Therapy
- Customer Service
- Program Management
- Case Work / Management
- Community Outreach
- Social Work
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- 20 hours per week