FSPP Publicity Committee
ORGANIZATION: Friends of Spy Pond Park
Please visit the new page to apply.
Publicity Committee Member helps the Chair with the following tasks when needed:
- Write and post announcements of Workdays on event websites such as Arlington Patch, Arlington Advocate (wickedlocal.com), Your Arlington, the Boston Globe and especially on social media.
- Maintain and update a "Friends and Neighbors" list of email addresses.
- Send monthly advance notice of Workdays to the list, the events editor at the Arlington Advocate, and the "arlingtonlist" list serve.
- Write and solicit periodic publicity articles for submission to the FSPP newsletter and to the Arlington Advocate for special events and Team members post laminated newsletters publicity on bulletin boards.
About Friends of Spy Pond Park
PO BOX 1051, E ARLINGTON, MA 02474, US
The Friends of Spy Pond Park is a nonprofit organization which supports the preservation, enhancement, and enjoyment of Spy Pond Park and Spy Pond as natural and community resources.
FSSP supports the
Ongoing protection and beautification of the park
Preservation of open green space and wild life
Prevention and reduction of pond pollution
Use of the park as a community and cultural resource
There are volunteer opportunities on Work Days 1/mo. and Fun Days usually once a year posted on our website. The park is located between Pond Lane and Linwood Street in East Arlington, MA
40 Pond Lane Spy Pond Park across from tot lotArlington, MA 02474
April 27, 2022
- Approximately 2 hours per month
- Familiarity with Spy Pond Park, communication and coordination with the FSPP Publicity Chair, good communication skills, good English language and writing skills, expertise in use of social media such as Twitter, Instagram, etc...