We're sorry, this opportunity is no longer active.
Idealist.org has 6590 more opportunities, please check them out.See Opportunities
Outreach Volunteer for Cobb County Water System [Training Provided]
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Cobb County Water System's Communications and Education Division
Enjoy meeting new people? Have a passion for protecting the environment and sustainably using our water resources? Do you wish to serve the community by educating others? Our Outreach Volunteer Program may be a great match and we are seeking volunteers just like you! Basic training will be offered in-person or virtually. Applications are being accepted now through Monday, March 4, 2022.
Our Outreach Volunteer Program provides water quality and pollution prevention education and training to local county residents, who then give back to the community by assisting with simple, hands-on programs at local community events. Our volunteers make a difference by helping community members understand the connection between their everyday behaviors and environmental health.
This program offers 9 hours of training in the following core competencies:
- Local Watersheds and Non-point Source Pollution Prevention
- Water Systems and Water Quality
- Household Hazardous Waste Reduction
- Community Outreach and Education Tools
- Indoor & Outdoor Conservation 101
The program also offers continued education opportunities including seminars and hands-on activities.
The 6 basic trainings will be held on Wednesdays from 6:30 PM to 8:00 PM from March 15th, 2022 to April 26th, 2022.
If you are interested in becoming an outreach volunteer, complete the outreach volunteer application
Outreach Volunteer Opportunities
To become an Outreach Volunteer, you must complete the basic trainings, and commit to 20 hours of volunteer service the year after training. To maintain your status as an Outreach Volunteer, you must continue to fulfill the yearly commitment of 20 hours of service. Outreach Volunteers will have the opportunity to assist in a wide variety of settings such as festivals, fairs, festivals, and watershed programs. Examples of typical roles during these events include:
- Greeting visitors
- Leading visitors in educational activities and demonstrations
- Assisting with the safe mobility of groups
- Answering questions
- Registering people for our newsletter
- Setting up and breaking down displays
- Distributing water-saving prizes and giveaways
For questions, please email email@example.com
COVID-19 Public Safety Protocols Trainings will be held primarily in-person, but special accommodations will be made to volunteers who request to attend virtually. The trainings will be conducted while following COVID-19 public safety protocols. Please see the answer to the next question for further details.
- Equipment will be sanitized before, during, and after events.
- In-person group sizes have been reduced.
- Additional attendees or attendees who make a special request will be accommodated by being offered the opportunity to attend virtually.
- Increased hygiene and handwashing will be encouraged before and during events.
- Maintain mandatory physical distancing of at least 6 feet during the event whenever possible.
- Masks will be required to be worn always by all participants, including the instructor.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
662 South Cobb DriveMarietta, GA 30008
February 3, 2022
- Public Advocacy
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_MONTH