BOARD COMMITTEE ROLE: YOUNG PROFESSIONALS NETWORK TEAM LEADERS
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: United Nations Association, Northern New Jersey Chapter
ABOUT THE COMMITTEE ROLE
The World needs the UN. The UN Needs YOU.
The United Nations Association of the USA, Northern New Jersey Chapter is a nonprofit membership organization dedicated to building understanding of and support for the ideals and work of the UN among the American people. Its education, policy and advocacy programs emphasize the importance of cooperation among nations and the need for American leadership at the UN. Through discussions, partnerships, and action-oriented initiatives, UNA-NNJ offers its members a platform for education, advocacy, professional development in international affairs, and the opportunity to volunteer in international service.
The UNA, Northern New Jersey Chapter covers the counties in the northern part of the state which include Bergen, Essex, Hudson, Morris, Passaic, Sussex, Union, and Warren counties.
We are seeking a dynamic and results-oriented professional to serve as an active and collaborative member of the Young Professionals Network Committee as a team leader.
The North Jersey UNA Young Professionals Network is a program of the United Nations Association of the USA - Northern New Jersey Chapter.
Through networking, professional development programs, and leadership opportunities, our UNA Young Professionals Network provides UNA-USA members ages 21 to 39 the opportunity to engage with like-minded young adults in their community to support the vital mission of the United Nations.
To learn more about UNA- USA's Young Professionals Program visit:
Responsibilities and Time Commitment
- In consultation with the VP of Programming, YP committee members are expected to organize a minimum of one professional development event or activity per year.
- Committee members are expected to abide by the chapter code of ethics.
- Committee members participate, as appropriate, in discussions/decision-making processes that take place via committee meetings and/or by e-mail in between monthly meetings.
- Attend all Committee events, and at least half of the UNA-NNJ Chapter events, produced by fellow colleagues.
- Submit and present reports at Committee meetings about the status of their programming and event development.
- Work collaboratively with Committee members, and engage in Committee recruitment efforts to support their work.
Benefits of serving as Committee Member
There are numerous benefits to serving on the UNA-NNJ Committee, including:
- Build your leadership skills.
- Strengthen your professional network by getting connected to a global network.
- Develop strong relationships with members from leading organizations in international affairs and key figures from the United Nations systems.
- Exercise your creative side by planning innovative events.
- Establish yourself outside of your current workplace and interact with like minded individuals.
Important Considerations: this is an unpaid, volunteer position. As we anticipate a high level of interest in this position, please note, we may not be able to respond to all applicants.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter describing how your qualifications suit this position and why you are interested in serving in this role, a current resume, and the contact information for three references.
Please submit the entire application to firstname.lastname@example.org and include "Young Professionals Network Team Leader" in the subject line.
UNA Northern New Jersey Chapter is committed to inclusion, diversity, equity and accessibility. We encourage people of all backgrounds and identities to apply.
UNA Northern New Jersey Chapter provides equal opportunity to all volunteers and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Bergen County, NJ 20006
February 3, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK