Be a Red Cross Event Planning Volunteer (Southeast AK)
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross - Alaska Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
This position supports the Regional Development/Fundraising department for the American Red Cross of Alaska!
Assist the Development team with planning fundraising events. Takes a leadership role in planning the logistics of event execution.
- Take a leadership role in planning logistics of Red Cross special events.
- Supervise event volunteers
- Assist with event execution, including working with event venue, caterer, coordinating auction, volunteer support and community outreach.
- Cultivate, solicit and steward Red Cross support through donated auction items, ticket sales and sponsorship opportunities.
- Prepare the event program in a timely manner, including developing scripts for event presenters.
- Coordinate all day-of logistics, including timeline, supervising event volunteers, and more.
- May chair nomination committee at a Real Heroes Breakfast. Duties may include contacting nominator and nominee for Heroes Award; gathering story and contact information; and maintaining spreadsheet to track nominations.
- May chair auction committee at a Gala. Duties may include working closely with Relationship Managers; soliciting businesses for in-kind auction donations; maintaining spreadsheet of donations; sending thank you letters; and coordinating day-of auction logistics.
We provide all online training!
Sign up to volunteer today! Please email questions to Jocelynn Cobb, Volunteer Recruitment Specialist, at Jocelynn.email@example.com or by phone at 907.791.0882.
About American Red Cross - Alaska Region
235 East 8th Avenue, Suite 200, Anchorage, AK 99501, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
Multiple locations Juneau, AK 99801
July 20, 2023
- Event Planning / Management
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Be available to attend events during business hours and on occasional evenings and weekends; event shifts may range in time from 1-4 hours.
- Vaccination verification must be submitted for in-person and hybrid roles